4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2006 9:19 PM by dsgoen

Firefox Version 2 incompatible with this site

dsgoen
      The main page for Kuler displays as black text on a dark gray background, which is somewhat less than readible.

Also, the new nickname feature rejects any possible nickname as already taken.

At least, that's how it's working for me.
        • 1. Firefox Version 2 incompatible with this site
          Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
          Hello,
          Thanks for the Firefox 2 heads up, we'll look into that. What OS are you using?
          Can you clarify what you mean by the "new nickname feature"?
          Sami
          • 2. Re: Firefox Version 2 incompatible with this site
            dsgoen Level 1
            When I first tried to post the above message I was transferred to a screen that said something about a new nickname feature was in place to better identify people on the forum and I was supposed to enter my nickname. No matter what I entered, the dialog told me that the nickname was already in use.

I'd tell you more, but I don't get the message anymore since I posted the topic under IE 7. Evidently, it was just some new addition to the forum since I last posted. It must have set a cookie or something, as now I can post and create new topics using Firefox.
            • 3. Re: Firefox Version 2 incompatible with this site
              dsgoen Level 1
              Oh, and I forget to reply that I'm using XP at the moment. My Linux machines are behind firewalls that don't allow outside access.
              • 4. Re: Firefox Version 2 incompatible with this site
                dsgoen Level 1
                I more new thing. I can now see the site fine using Firefox. I tried the site earlier about five times before I wrote the first message, each time getting the black on dark gray text. You either work fast, or something about visiting the site using IE changed something for me. I haven't even closed the tabbed page on the browser. Refreshing it right now gives me the right look and feel.

Ghosties in the machine, I suppose.
                Thanks,
                D