2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2006 9:17 AM by Newsgroup_User

Admin rights needed for Fireworks8

AJUH
      I understand from notes on AppDeploy that Fireworks8 needs users to have admin rights to some files/folders/Registry entries. I work in an environment where our users do not have such rights. I distribute applications using msi application objects via Novell Zenworks7. Whilst the install is fine users cannot run the application because of these rights issues. Any ideas on how I can distirbute the required rights? I'm looking at xcacls.exe and setacl.exe but not sure just how to use them.
        • 1. Re: Admin rights needed for Fireworks8
          Level 7
          I've never had to have Admin rights on any of the computers I've used
          Fireworks on.

"AJUH" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:elpb69$98e$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I understand from notes on AppDeploy that Fireworks8 needs users to have
          >admin
          > rights to some files/folders/Registry entries. I work in an environment
          > where
          > our users do not have such rights. I distribute applications using msi
          > application objects via Novell Zenworks7. Whilst the install is fine users
          > cannot run the application because of these rights issues. Any ideas on
          > how I
          > can distirbute the required rights? I'm looking at xcacls.exe and
          > setacl.exe
          > but not sure just how to use them.
          >

• 2. Re: Admin rights needed for Fireworks8
            Level 7
            AJUH wrote:
            > I understand from notes on AppDeploy that Fireworks8 needs users to have admin
            > rights to some files/folders/Registry entries. I work in an environment where
            > our users do not have such rights. I distribute applications using msi
            > application objects via Novell Zenworks7. Whilst the install is fine users
            > cannot run the application because of these rights issues. Any ideas on how I
            > can distirbute the required rights? I'm looking at xcacls.exe and setacl.exe
            > but not sure just how to use them.
            >

Is this a school lab setup?

We used to deliver pc admin rights through Zenworks by user and specific
            IP address. It meant that the students had assigned seats but, at least
            they could use it. If I remember, Power User was enough security.

It's been three years since then and it was Zen3 so, the exact details
            are foggy. Hopefully something I have said will help you. :)

SKB