• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off the toolbox expansion as a default setting in the pages WYSIWYG editor?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm working on individual site pages and publish my work, the toolbox automatically shows up on the right. This is all well and good, but I have to close out the toolbox every time I want to make more edits. Since I add content and publish frequently, it's a bit of a hassle.

How can I make that behavior not the default?

Thanks!

Leanne

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leanne,

Little confused... The toolbox has 3 modes and never in the way of your content edits.

It sits to the right on larger displays and is not in the way and scales down with smaller screens and then has an icon in the toolbar you can click to show and hide it. Could you explain what you mean, maybe a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!

Here's what I see every time:

I want the toolbox to stay hidden, and if I need it, I'll use the icon in the toolbar.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a key peace of functionality for partner accounts so that is why it shows and you can not premaritally close it or you would not be able to get it back. If you click the X it will close. The reason you see it like that is because your viewing that on a small display.

A cookie will drop to keep it closed during a session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only the cookie drop kept it closed. Sadly, it doesn't.

Oh well. I suppose I will just have to X it out every time I open a page. What a hassle.

Thanks for the replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even on my laptop there is plenty of room, it is not even close to doing what you posted so that must be pretty small though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines