• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window 7 client -- RemoteUpdateManger -- failed to send the request to server to get the response - 404

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues running RemoteUpdateManager within a Windows 7 client.

Have successfully installed Adobe CC 2015 using Creative Cloud Packager.

However -- when i run RemoteUpdateManager -- with "as Administrator" -- the DLM.log -- states the following...

07/27/15 11:01:42:870 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | *******************start of Download****************

07/27/15 11:01:42:870 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | GDE Version is 9.0.0.4 (BuildVersion: 6.0; BuildDate: Wed Mar 04 2015 21:34:10 )

07/27/15 11:01:42:870 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | The file to be downloaded is http://macadmin.risd.edu/webfeed/oobe/aam20/win/updaterfeed.xml

07/27/15 11:01:42:870 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | Going to download the file at C:\Users\Administrator.OIT-0-loan123\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\Data/webfeed.xml

07/27/15 11:01:43:775 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | The error has come and the http error code is - 404

07/27/15 11:01:43:775 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | Failed to send the request to server to get the response - 404

07/27/15 11:01:43:775 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 6060 | *******************End****************

On the Windows 7 client -- I have done the following...

Disabled the firewall.

The Adobe Update Server is hosted on a Mac Server running Yosemite.

My mac clients are not having the same issues and run without issue.

Any ideas or suggestions????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Please check the client configuration file for update server location in case you are using Adobe update server within your environment.

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes — we “using Adobe update server within our environment.

In a windows 7 client computer — where is the “client configuration file” located?

Or is this file located in our internal Adobe Update Server?

Or other?

Please be clarify.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

The configuration files are created and stored at locations below:

Creative Cloud Help | Using Adobe Update Server Setup Tool

Thanks

Mandhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the link…

Yes the Overrides files (configuration files) are configured correctly - on my end.

The Adobe Update Server is hosted internal on our OS X server running OS X Server (latest version).

I am not getting any errors from the Macintosh Clients.

The “404” error is only coming from the Windows 7 clients.

Can you please assist?

Can we coordinate a “GoToMeeting” in order for one of your support staff to take a look at our internal server settings?

Thank you,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines