2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 11:36 AM by Yomi

missing folders

Yomi

After OS and LR5.0 reinstall trying to get library back in order though using an out of date lrcat....

The Problem-- LR only sees 4 of the 6 folder listed in folder Akron Falls. LR will not add folders to the library. These 2 "missing" folders are in the same location as the 4 visible folders. Total photo count is correct for all six folders in Akron Falls even though only 4 folders are showing. The parent folder is showing all photos as well. So everything is there but I can't get the two subfolders to show in the library. Tried various approaches and read much online. How can I get LR to see and list the other 2 folders? Help appreciated. Thank you.

• 1. Re: missing folders
          D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

Not being sure what the "various approaches" are that you have tried I would first try to synchronize the parent folder. (Akron Falls?)

Also when you state they are missing do you mean that they are not showing in the Folder list or they are showing but they are greyed.

If they are greyed, right click on the folder name and select "update folder location" Navigate to the folder in question. Select Choose.

update-folder.jpg

• 2. Re: missing folders
            Yomi Level 1

If I did not see this pazzia for myself... I wouldn't believe it... LR is happily hiding folders and even creating duplicate folders... it won't let me move the duplicate folders to the parent  location  because it insists the same folder exists at the parent location even though I can't see it. Nor will it let me move the files. This is not going to get settled easily. I am going to delete everything, revert back to out of date lrcat and try again.

The stern lesson from LR-- is simple really, do it my way (even if I, LR, don't exactly tell you what that is) or forget that dinner date for tonight and postpone your upcoming surgery -- dude... you are in the **** deep.

I appreciate hearing from you... I've never contact LR before and I'm glad that there are life forms to help. I still love LR despite this recent bit of discord.

Ben Sackmary  

To: Benjamin Sackmary <bsackmary@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 2:07 PM

Subject:  missing folders

missing folders

created by D.A.R in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionNot being sure what the "various approaches" are that you have tried I would first try to synchronize the parent folder. (Akron Falls?) Also when you state they are missing do you mean that they are not showing in the Folder list or they are showing but they are greyed. If they are greyed, right click on the folder name and select "update folder location" Navigate to the folder in question. Select Choose.  https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-7798634-795438/update-folder. jpg  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7798634#7798634 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7798634#7798634 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.