5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 4:52 PM by GregZ

Installed LR CC, but got LR 6 instead

GregZ Level 1

I have the CC Photography plan and tried to install LR CC on a 2nd MacBook, but when I did it opens as LR 6... not LR CC.  In the Creative Cloud desktop manager, it says LR CC (2015) is installed, but when I open it it's version 6.0.  I've tried uninstalling LR, signing out and back into CC manager and nothing seems to provide the option to update/upgrade.

For what it's worth, I have the correct CC version installed on a nearly identical MacBook with no issues.  This is a secondary installation (which is supposedly OK according to the Adobe CC terms).

Please help!

• 1. Re: Installed LR CC, but got LR 6 instead
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR cc and LR 6 are exactly the same program. What determines whether it is 6 or CC is how you Sign in with an Adobe ID. If you have a subscription and use the email and password associated with the subscription plan it becomes LR CC. If you sign in with an Adobe ID that does not have a subscription it becomes LR 6 and will ask for a serial number.

• 2. Re: Installed LR CC, but got LR 6 instead

Did you use the Adobe Creative Cloud app to install LR? Where you Signed in with your subscription email and password?

• 3. Re: Installed LR CC, but got LR 6 instead
              GregZ Level 1

Hi Just Shoot Me,

I am signed in with my current, active Adobe ID and have the Photography plan.  I used the CC app to install LR, and it says within that app that CC (2015) is installed.  However, in the program itself, it shows LR 6 in the logon splash screen, identity plate and under "about".  And, more importantly, it's missing some of the new 2015 functionality (dehaze, panorama).  I've tried checking for updates (none show up), uninstalling & reinstalling, signing out and back in... nothing seems to change.

Photoshop CC (2015) seemed to install just fine and is the current version.  Not sure why LR didn't do the same.

• 4. Re: Installed LR CC, but got LR 6 instead

In the help menu does your subscription plan email address show up?

I just got an update to the CC app. Open the CC app and see if it is up to date. The newest version is 2.2.0.129.

Sign out and back in in both LR and the CC app.

Go to Adobe.com and check your subscription plan details.

• 5. Re: Installed LR CC, but got LR 6 instead
                  GregZ Level 1

Hi again,

Yes to all of your questions... the correct email address shows up in the 'help' menu, I have the latest version of the CC app and I've tried signing out of everything and even uninstalling/reinstalling everything.  My subscription is current and works just fine on my primary MacBook Pro.  FYI, I'm not using both machines at the same time... the primary laptop is turned completely off.

Alas, I'm still in the same boat.