• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An update to your Adobe Digital Editions is available" message appears each time I open ADE 4.0.3

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe the two issues are related, except to provide a time frame for when the message started appearing, but after Mozilla blocked Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.203 in Firefox 39.0 and then restored the plugin when version 18.0.0.209 was released earlier this month, I started receiving "An update to your Adobe Digital Editions is available" message each time I opened ADE 4.0.3.   The "Adobe Digital Editions update" message continues on to say:

The Adobe Digital Editions update includes:

Click here to see complete list of new features

Updating takes under a minute on Broadband.  No restart is required.

'Update' button + 'Remind Later' button

Clicking on the "Click here" link does not open a browser window or tab.  Clicking on the "Update" button does not produce any response whatsoever.  I haven't even bothered trying to click on the "Remind Later" button because I receive the message each & every time I open ADE, which I've used for years to read eBooks on my Windows 7 laptop just fine before now.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling version 4.0.3 for Windows (which is the latest version of ADE!), but I still get the same message.  Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

TIA,

MistyLake

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?