0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 8:36 AM by juan miguela24038520

InDesign document missing structure node after adding to Library

juan miguela24038520

I'm trying to add a InDesign document to an existing Library. We run InDesign jsx scripts agains an xml file and InDesign Library so we populate the ads with data. The problem I am running into is when we try to update existing templates. After adding the document to the Library, one of the xml nodes gets removed from the structure, which then throws off the process when the script is run and the document does not get populated with the XML data.

BEFORE                                                     AFTER

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 8.29.13 AM.png  Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 8.29.32 AM.png

As you can see, the <ad> node gets removed. The exact steps I am taking when adding this .indd to the library are as follows

1. Open the .indd document

2. Select all on the document, by holding down Command + A.

3. In the Library window pane, click on New Library Item.

4. Once the item is added, I open a new document and Place the new item on the document.

5. I then open the Structure view and notice that the structure is missing the <ad> node.

Is there something else I need to do or any extra steps I need to take to make sure that the integrity of the structure remains intact when adding it to the library?

Any help in the right direction would be really cool.