• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced action to only show a Back button on a slide if learner has clicked Submit button on Drag and Drop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-time Captivate User and have dabbled with Advanced Actions and Variables, so know just enough to get myself in trouble. Hoping someone can help me out with what I hope is a simple advanced action:

I'm currently using CP8 and have created a training where learners click on a building map to go to different "rooms" to complete a drag and drop interaction related to a certain HR topic. The problem is some of my test learners forget which "rooms" they've already viewed and will click on ones they've already visited. I added a Back button, so they can go back to the map if they made a mistake, but now they are able to exit the slide without completing the drag and drop interaction.

Basically, I need to hide the Back button unless the learner has already completed (e.g. clicked the Submit button for) the Drag and Drop interaction, but I'm just not sure how to set it up. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hide the back button to start with. Use an advanced action to be triggered  by both the Success and Failure event of the Drag&Drop. I suppose you'll need at least two commands:

• Show Back button
  • Go to Next Slide.

That seems the easiest solution. You could also skip the D&D Slide when they enter a second time but then you'll need a boolean variable to be toggled by those same events, and an On Enter conditional action that checks that variable and immediately jumps to the next slide when it has the v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't completely understand what you want? You are aware of the fact that a D&D slide is always reset when you leave it and come back, contrary to a question slide?

Where should that Back button be: is it on the D&D slide or on the slide after the D&D slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

The Back button is on the D&D slide. The D&D doesn’t reset once a learner submits the correct answers, and the Submit and Reset buttons disappear. This is why I added the Back button, so a learner could leave the slide if they returned to it by mistake:

I just don’t want that button to Show unless the learner has completed (passed or failed after 2 attempts) the D&D interaction. Is there a way to create an advanced action to do this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hide the back button to start with. Use an advanced action to be triggered  by both the Success and Failure event of the Drag&Drop. I suppose you'll need at least two commands:

• Show Back button
  • Go to Next Slide.

That seems the easiest solution. You could also skip the D&D Slide when they enter a second time but then you'll need a boolean variable to be toggled by those same events, and an On Enter conditional action that checks that variable and immediately jumps to the next slide when it has the value 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. I knew I was making it way more complicated than it needed to be (I was thinking I needed to create a conditional action with some type of variable).

Thanks, lilybiri. You've saved me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources