6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2006 9:41 PM by johnAq

How do I remove tweening from a sprite?

ankhcomm Level 1
      I have a sprite on the stage that will occupy different points in different frames, but I don't want it to animate to get to the different points. When I put an end frame location in the score for the sprite (or I alt-click-drag it), Director tweens it by default. How do I remove this tween that was created? When I go into tweening I just don't see an option to do that (I'm thinking as in Flash you just right click and then choose "Remove tween" from the menu).
        • 1. Re: How do I remove tweening from a sprite?
          Level 7
          You can right click and remove the keyframes on the sprite in the Score
          window. In the Score, the circles are keyframes. Find the frame that
          has the key you don't want and remove it.
          • 2. Re: How do I remove tweening from a sprite?
            duckets Level 1
            One way to do this would be to create an additional keyframe on the frame before the final frame. To do this (once you have a regular 'tweened' sprite), hold down alt, and drag the first keyframe along to the frame before the final keyframe (it will duplicate the first keyframe to that position).

hope this helps!

- Ben
            • 3. Re: How do I remove tweening from a sprite?
              ankhcomm Level 1
              I need the sprite present in all frames - it's a cover sprite that I'm setting with some lingo to disable buttons in some frames. Anyway, I'm following duckets suggestion; I wanted to avoid it but it seems there's no other way. Wishlist item for Director 11?
              • 4. Re: How do I remove tweening from a sprite?
                duckets Level 1
                I don't think it's worth a wishlist - it's not really something that needs fixing. Another way to avoid your problem would simply be to place the sprite in the initial position, extend the sprite in the score for the duration that you want it to remain static, then re-place the sprite on stage (from the cast) again in the new position in the next frame.

If you want a sprite span with no keyframe at the end, you can simply click the last keyframe and delete it (it will change from a dot to a rectangle in that cell).

- Ben
                • 5. Re: How do I remove tweening from a sprite?
                  ankhcomm Level 1
                  I understand those points; it's just that I'm a Flash developer foremost - it's my boss that insists on Director and it's part of that whole adaptation process I guess.

If I wanted to do that on Flash, I simply delete the tweening or place the items on the layers and don't give it a tween, which is the default Flash behavior. Seeing automatic tweens on everything is disconcerting, and adds a bit of work to deal with that. So while it's nothing major, it's surely a nice option to have available, especially if another app by the same developer has that capability.
                  • 6. Re: How do I remove tweening from a sprite?
                    johnAq
                    You can manually place each frame of a sprite without keyframes.

1) Place the sprite on stage
                    2) Right-click > Tweening - turn off path tweening
                    3) Right-click > Edit Sprite Frames
                    4) Select individal frames or a range of frames and position as required - they will move into place without tweening

hth

johnAq