4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 1:36 AM by asdfa96915893

Is there a way of collectively stepping back 1000 images in history, one step, or do I have to click back on each photo, one by one?

dunky76

Before I shut down my computer  last night, I managed to reset the settings of over 1000 images that were finished edits. Is there a way of collectively stepping back 1000 images in history, one step, or do I have to click back on each photo, one by one?

• 2. Re: Is there a way of collectively stepping back 1000 images in history, one step, or do I have to click back on each photo, one by one?
          dunky76 Level 1

I am afraid this is something I don't do on a daily basis....there is no point as my catalogue is kept near empty as all complete jobs are exported as their own catalogue and archived. 

• 3. Re: Is there a way of collectively stepping back 1000 images in history, one step, or do I have to click back on each photo, one by one?
            john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lesson learnt, I hope. My recommendation would be to export job catalogues and archive them, but keep photos in the main catalogue and back it up. I'm currently on 620k images in one catalogue, if that's helpful as a guide. Or just backup more prudently.

Anyway, apart from undoing each picture individually, there was a plugin called Screwautosync which allowed you to step back multiple photos at a time. I think it will help you, but it was by Rob Cole who seems to have disappeared without trace 6 months ago. Maybe someone reading this has a copy of it?

• 4. Re: Is there a way of collectively stepping back 1000 images in history, one step, or do I have to click back on each photo, one by one?
              asdfa96915893

Hi guys,

I have the same problem and found numerous mentions of ScrewAutoSync online. But the website of Rob Cole is gone. I managed to fix the problem by following these steps:

- 1 : Back up your catalog

- 2 : in Lightroom, create a collection and add all the pictures for which you need to go back one step in history.

- 3 : close Lightroom

- 4 : install a SQLlite utility. I am not familiar with Sqlite so I downloaded DB Browser for SQlite at this address: http://sqlitebrowser.org/ I downloaded the portable app in my case.

- 5 : open DB Browser, and open your Lightroom catalog (file/open/browse) in it

- 6 : Go to the Execute SQL tab, paste the following code and run it:

UPDATE adobe_imagedevelopsettings    SET text =           (SELECT hs1.text              FROM adobe_libraryimagedevelophistorystep hs1             WHERE hs1.image = adobe_imagedevelopsettings.image               AND hs1.id_local =                      (SELECT MAX (hs2.id_local)                         FROM adobe_libraryimagedevelophistorystep hs2                        WHERE hs2.image = adobe_imagedevelopsettings.image                          AND hs2.id_global <>                                   adobe_imagedevelopsettings.historysettingsid)),        historysettingsid =           (SELECT hs1.id_global              FROM adobe_libraryimagedevelophistorystep hs1             WHERE hs1.image = adobe_imagedevelopsettings.image               AND hs1.id_local =                      (SELECT MAX (hs2.id_local)                         FROM adobe_libraryimagedevelophistorystep hs2                        WHERE hs2.image = adobe_imagedevelopsettings.image                          AND hs2.id_global <>                                   adobe_imagedevelopsettings.historysettingsid)),        digest = NULL WHERE image IN (SELECT ci.image                    FROM aglibrarycollectionimage ci, aglibrarycollection c                   WHERE c.id_local = ci.collection AND NAME LIKE 'ScrewAutoSync')    AND (SELECT COUNT (*)           FROM adobe_libraryimagedevelophistorystep          WHERE image = adobe_imagedevelopsettings.image) > 1

- 7 : Close the database in SQLite (file / close database) and save the changes to the Lightroom catalog on close.

- 8 : exit SQlite, open lightroom.

The query will run in an instant. Lightroom will take a bit more time to load the changes, but less than a minute. Overall it was very easy to run.

Credit here for the original answer, but the "open your catalog in an SQLite utility" step wasn't very clear to me. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/730958