6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 11:06 AM by robertm13971251

video incorrectly exports as audio only

robertm13971251

When I try to export any video in Premiere elements 13, i get a file containing only audio, and no video. The "export video" box is checked and changing the file format does not help.

• 1. Re: video incorrectly exports as audio only
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robertm

What computer operating system is involved?

Before you arrive at Publish+Share for the export, do you see the video and hear audio when you play back that Timeline content in the Edit area monitor?

Is it only in the export where you see no video but do hear the audio part?

What are the properties of your source video? And what is your detailed choice of export?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13 and are you running the programs as administrator? Please do if you are not doing that already.

Please look at the following in particular:

1. Does the problem exist with or without the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 200 or higher" disabled?

2. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? Please do that if you have not already.

Please review, and reply to all the questions above, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: video incorrectly exports as audio only
            robertm13971251 Level 1

I'm running it on Windows 8.1 64-Bit. I can see and hear the video in the edit area preview. The source video is an mpeg movie file. My preferred export format is QuickTime on default settings, but currently none of the formats work. I have the latest QuickTime and Premier update, and the problem exists with and without Use Hardware Acceleration enabled.

If I'm missing any important details please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

• 3. Re: video incorrectly exports as audio only
              A.T. Romano Level 7

robertm

See Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG...

Please take one of your exports, presumed MPEG2.mpg and play it on the VLC player which you download and install to your computer.

Do you hear the sound and hear the audio?

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Have you done that before and still run into your no video on the export issue?

Also, look at Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime. When you get there, do you find a choice of presets accessible through Presets there?

ATR

• 4. Re: video incorrectly exports as audio only
                robertm13971251 Level 1

All the exports consistently work in VLC player, but not in other video players. What would the cause of this be?

Also, I use the NTSC DV quicktime preset.

Thanks

• 5. Re: video incorrectly exports as audio only
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

robertm

Probably codecs.

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor Windows 8.1 64 bit, I can playback DV.mov with QuickTime but not Windows Media Player. When I try to use the DV.mov in Windows Media Player, I get audio but no video.

The MPEG2.mpeg is interesting. I get playback with Windows Media Player but not with QuickTime. What is the surprising is the playback with Windows Media Player. Speculating the I must have codec picked up from somewhere - Windows Media Center?

If your computer is Windows 8.1 64 bit, it would be expected that you would have problems playing MPEG2.mpg in Windows Media Player. That is a Microsoft, not Adobe, shortcoming and is well recognized. And, the VLC player is often recommended as a substitute player in this instance for MPEG2.mpg in Windows 8.1 64 bit.

This is found online along with other discussions on the matter.

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/153044-Windows-Media-Player-MPEG-video-and -Windows-8-64-bit

ATR

• 6. Re: video incorrectly exports as audio only
                    robertm13971251 Level 1

Ok, thanks for your help.