• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot reinstall acrobat pro XI

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In attempting to reinstall Adobe Acrobat Pro XI on my IMac, after receiving a notice that it needs to be reinstalled, the program takes the serial number and starts the installation.  When it gets almost finished I get a caution sign and error message:  "The installation failed.  The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to the following forum threads as similar issue has been addressed there, this should help :

"The Installation Failed" Acrobat Pro on Mac

Cannot install Adobe Acrobat XI Pro on OS X 10.8.2

"The Installation Failed." I'm running Mac OS 10.10.3 and am having this error message pop up when ...

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the info and tried reinstalling again. After a few more attempts it finally installed but now I can’t open the program. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you try to open the program any specific error that shows up, or the program never launches ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never launches.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the steps in the following link and check, this should help :

Known issues | Acrobat XI, Reader XI

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help but I am a little confused. This app was working great until I purchased a new iMac and changed everything over. The app originally opened on the new machine but I got a notice that it needed to be reinstalled. Now that I finally have it reinstalled after numerous tries all I get is the start of the dialogue box and it then disappears. The app will not completely open. I just did an uninstall and reinstall and am having the same problem. I have also deleted the Creative Cloud app.

created by Bani Saini in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussionPlease refer to the steps in the following link and check, this should help : Known issues | Acrobat XI, Reader XI Regards,Bani

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7805406#7805406 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7805406#7805406 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any other suggestions? I even went into my Time Machine and replaced with a copy of 11.0.11 that worked in June. I then updated to 11.0.12 and still have the same problem. Starts to open, see the dialogue box for a split second and then nothing. This is very frustrating. Any replacements for Acrobat, not really interested in purchasing a monthly plan.?

created by Bani Saini in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussionPlease refer to the steps in the following link and check, this should help : Known issues | Acrobat XI, Reader XI Regards,Bani

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7805406#7805406 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7805406#7805406 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines