• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can one collect unordered signatures?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of a nonprofit group, I attempted the "FREE" trial of Acrobat Pro DC to determine its suitability for the group's intended purpose.

State law allows boards of directors to vote electronically, but requires each individual vote to be recorded with a signature.

I've used Acrobat extensively since version 1 but am still unfamiliar with Document Cloud.

After spending an hour to set up my trial cases I discovered that I've been duped by the "free" trial promise.

Unless we cough up real money the trial won't let us try the only thing that we really to know!

I spent another THREE hours searching through the FAQs and disjointed online documentation and watching the tutorials, but everything I found glosses over pertinent specifics.

From my searches I understand that signatures can be collected either

-- in an ordered sequence one after another, in which case the single document is forwarded to the next signer ONLY AFTER the previous one (or an assigned substitute) has signed it,

In this case I can put signature fields for each signer on the document. The "Properties" for the signature fields have a pull-down menu that lets me assign the signature field to (among a few other sings) "Signer" or to "Signer n" (where there are six options with n ranging from 1 to 6). I don't see any menu choice to add more than six signers to this menu, and I have not found any reference manual that explains this menu

or

-- via Mega sign on as many separate documents as there are signers

What we were hoping to be able to do is:

1) Prepare a document with signature fields reserved for each board member, next to check boxes to approve, abstain, or reject the proposed action.

2) Send out the link to the document to all board members simultaneously

3) Monitor the updates until we have (a) the necessary quorum and (b) the required majority for approval or rejection

Is this possible with Acrobat Pro DC ?

Because board members are busy and often working in remote areas for extended periods of time, an ordered (one after the other) signature collection can take many days or weeks whereas in most cases we could get a valid board decision in a couple of days if every one can vote at their earliest convenience and no one's held up by stragglers or unreachable directors

BTW  Is there a comprehensive User Manual or Command Reference?  Where can it be downloaded?

Your help in answering these questions will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Hello Nick6706907,

As per the workflow mentioned by you, it seems that you are placing Signature field through Acrobat and it's been shown as Signer 6 as last role. As a workaround, you can login to your E-Sign account and can save the form as Library template ( By going to Dashboard->Add templates to Library) and in preview page, you just need to place the form fields in the document and assign the role as Participant1, Participant2 and more depending upon the number of signers you have entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Nick6706907,

As per the workflow mentioned by you, it seems that you are placing Signature field through Acrobat and it's been shown as Signer 6 as last role. As a workaround, you can login to your E-Sign account and can save the form as Library template ( By going to Dashboard->Add templates to Library) and in preview page, you just need to place the form fields in the document and assign the role as Participant1, Participant2 and more depending upon the number of signers you have entered.

Login link: secure.echosign.com/public/login

Let me know if that helps.

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines