Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to setup the client? - Remote Update Manager without AUSST

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I made a update package for the employers that do not have admin rights.

The installation of the package works on my computers when running the setup. (as admin)

I am now going to deploy the update-pageage for the clients, but I feel the link here are missing information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/using-remote-update-manager.html

Do I need to copy the "RemoteUpdateManager.exe" to the client and run it one time with admin privileges there first?

How to I tell the client where the new package is?

Can I then run the software from my computer to update the clients later?

Regards

Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

Remote update manager enables the update with out setting up AUSST. You can run the RUM with channel IDs for each application and it should update the app silently.

If you do not want the products/components on client machines to directly download the updates without admin intervention, suppress manual updates while creating the package. For more information on how to do this, see the description of the Configure Package screen in the “Creating Deployment Packages” article.

Remote Update Manager will work whether or not you have suppressed manual updates on client machines.

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you don't mind me asking but how exactly do you install RUM? I am on OS X 10.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

You can follow the instruction by following the link below:

Creative Cloud Help | Using Adobe Remote Update Manager    

Thanks

Mandhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mandhir but there is no info in that document that says how to install RUM. Unless I am missing something important. It seems to be about how you use it once installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

When you install the Creative Cloud packager it generally goes into windows at folder location below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCP\utilities

Thanks

Mandhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I followed below link to update Adobe Updates remotely

Use Adobe Remote Update Manager

But , as described in that KB RemoteUpdateManager folder will be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE_Enterprise\RemoteUpdateManager" location , but it is missing.

Even, Location
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCP\utilities

is also missing. !

My System is Windows 10 Pro.

Adobe.PNG

Please provide me a solution ASAP.

Mandhir Bhatiaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines