4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 12:18 PM by Liz, Typekit Support

So much for TypeKit

Martin Chipperfield Level 1

Sucked into using typekit and then this afternoon the fonts are wiped without warning!! i need to upgrade do i? so much for bothering with typekit

i suppose next thing indesign will disappear or muse will vanish because i need to upgrade

• 1. Re: So much for TypeKit
          Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  It sounds like there may be a problem with your Typekit account or Creative Cloud subscription information.  Please send the email address that you use for Typekit to support@typekit.com, and we will look into it.

Thank you,

-- liz

• 2. Re: So much for TypeKit
            Martin Chipperfield Level 1

thanks Liz, will do

the problem is that since i updated my creative cloud desktop this morning typekit moved the goal posts

some 30 or so fonts were removed

so this is fine, my creative cloud "complete" subscription obviously no longer extends to the fonts i was using

i must spend a bit more now if i want to use them

the suddenly revised rules are quite clear and i get them

i'll just go back to verdana, it looks as good as museo sans

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: So much for TypeKit
              T Michele

I think Adobe accidentally added a free plan to many peoples accounts causing program and typekit issues. While working yesterday, I saw an update from CC that 104 fonts had just been removed. I looked into my account and found that I have a new 'free plan' listed beneath my current paid plan which hadn't been there before. An Adobe rep asked me to screenshot and send it to him, but I haven't anything heard back yet. If I get any helpful information back I'll let you know.

Adobe Staff, if its something we can fix on our own, please tell us so we can get back to work! I'm seeing lots of forum posts regarding issues that I'm pretty sure are stemming from this.

• 4. Re: So much for TypeKit
                Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi dontknow345,

> so this is fine, my creative cloud "complete" subscription obviously no longer extends to the fonts i was using

I'm sorry, my previous reply wasn't very clear.  Typekit Portfolio is included in Creative Cloud Complete at no additional cost; this has not changed. If your Typekit account is currently showing a Free plan, that's a subscription issue that we can help fix.

If you'd like to look into that, send the email address that you use for Typekit to support@typekit.com, and we will pick up there.

Thanks!
                -- liz