8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 11:45 AM by Derjis

i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl

honeydesigns

so

i have a ae project but there is a problem when i want to edit .. the project is prepared to edit from left-to-right, but i want to change it to right-to-left

could you please help me !! i need this quickly

• 1. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This depends entirely on your project. If you want to change keyframes the select all of the keyframes in the layer and then use the Keyframe Assistant to time reverse the keyframes. If you have a layer the moves from left to right it will then move from right to left.

If it's something else you could try nesting the comp in a new comp and then adjust the X scale to -100%

It's impossible to say which is the best approach because we know nothing at all about your project.

• 2. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you say "objects", do you mean text? I mean, do you want to write in something like Hebrew or Arabic? If not, please describe in a bit more detail what you mean.

• 4. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
              honeydesigns Level 1

i want to change everythig even text and layers and animation .. like there is something that moves from the right corner going to the left i need to change it and make go from the right to the left ..

• 5. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

I hate to ask this, but have you ever used AE before?

Templates are notoriously comp[licated, and NOBODY has memorized every single one of them, and most people who answer questions here don't even use them.  Templates makers ALSO assume that the user already has AE knowledge that could range from beginner to expert.

So if you don't know AE well, and you're on a tight deadline, you could be hosed.

• 6. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As Dave said, it's impossible to give you instructions on a template especially when we don't even know what layers you are trying to change. If you don't completely understand keyframes and animation then you'll have to start at the beginning and learn how AE works. If you do understand how keyframes work and how to use the Keyframe Assistant and the Alt/Option key to retime keyframes then all you have to do is identify the properties that are being animated in the layer you want to change. Pressing the U key once will reveal all keyframes on a layer. Pressing the U key twice will reveal everything that has been modified from the default values on a layer. If something is moving on a layer and you don't see any keyframes then there is either an expression or the layer is a nested comp (sometimes called a pre-comp) and the keyframes will be in there. You can also use the Flow Chart to figure out complicated compositions. If all else fails and you just want to reverse the movement in a comp then nest that comp in a new comp and use Time Remapping to reverse the movement.

• 7. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
                    Gutter-Fish Level 4

One thing you can try is to pre-compose all the layers in the main composition then scale the new composition to -100 in X.   Of course you will definitely have to go through the project and scale any text (and anything else that may appear "backwards" due to the flip) to it's reciprocal value in X to compensate reversed display.   However this assumes all the pivot points are centered & due to reasons stated repeatedly above this may not solve all your problems and could even create new ones.

• 8. Re: i want to change direction of objects from ltr to rtl
                      Derjis Level 2

Like Dave had mentioned, the template could get pretty complicated to deal with; it's tough to tell without looking at the project itself.

If you're a bit of a beginner, and are on a tight deadline, the first thing I'd do is precompose the final layer (select all layers, go to Layer on the top, select Pre-compose, and make sure to Move all attributes to new composition.).
                      Then, I'd jump into every subcomp that has text in it; reveal the Scale properties of all of your text by clicking on the layer and hitting "S" on the keyboard. Click the little chain icon next to the scale values (turning it off), then add a minus sign to the beginning of the first value --- if the scale is something like 51.0.51.0, 51.0, change it to -51.0, 51.0, 51.0.

You might luck out, and everything will work properly back in your main comp, but if this quick-and-dirty solution doesn't help, you might be stuck rebuilding large portions of the project.

Good luck!