• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Packager 1.9 downloads all apps even though they are marked as being downloaded in the CCPackager

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else noticed that even if an app is marked as being downloaded in the Creative Cloud Packager (CCP), that it will go through the download process again if creating another package that may include that app?

For example, if building a 'Master Collection' package containing all the required apps (Acrobat, Flash Builder, Dreamweaver, InDesign, etc) it will download them all into the AdobeCCPCache folder, then build the package.  Then lets say you want to build a 'Design & Web Premium' package that contains some of the same apps as the 'Master Collection', the CCP will show the apps as having been downloaded already, but will go through the download process again, then build the package.  Seems to defeat the purpose of downloading to make the package building process quicker.  Seems to take just as long.  Is this by design?

I have installed that latest version of CCP, which best I can tell is 1.9 build 6, running on a freshly installed OS with no other Adobe software except for Flash Player 18.0.0.209, Shockwave Player 12.1.9.159 and Reader 11.0.12.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

This is strange as and seems an issue with package builder on your machine. I did not see the exact behavior on my test machine. I can certainly dig in to this and figure out a root cause if you please share the build log.

Thanks,
Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashish, is there a location where the Build Logs are saved/stored?  I'll be glad to gather and provide.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robert,

Can you follow the link below to run Adobe log collector tool:

Log Collector Tool

Thanks
Mandhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines