Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record audio from Flash

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My primary task is to record audio from a Flash Player. At this moment I record all system sounds, but there are several solutions out there which lets to record Flash audio. One of them is Chrome and its tabCapture API. Recently I found an interesting note on this page

JACK Audio Connection Kit|How do I route audio from Flash to JACK?

there is a statement

...a little-known feature that Adobe provides in its browser Flash plugin: the plugin will (optionally) attempt to load a software library and use it for delivery audio data. There could be many different uses for this library, but in our case we only care about the one implemented by Torben Hohn which sends the audio onto JACK....

I've downloaded the referenced library, it is a very simple single file library, it contains Adobe copyrights

Adobe Systems Incorporated(r) Source Code License Agreement

Copyright(c) 2006 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Please read this Source Code License Agreement carefully before using

the source code.

Adobe Systems Incorporated grants to you a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive,

no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license, to reproduce,

prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, and

distribute this source code and such derivative works in source or

object code form without any attribution requirements.

and a signature

// File name: flashsupport.c

// Targets: Adobe Flash Player 9.1 beta 2 for Linux (9.0.21.78)

// Last Revision Date: 11/20/2006

it is not very clear under what circumstances Flash Player is supposed to load the library. Is it necessary to save the library to some location with a predefined name or reference it when creating a Flash Player object? Is it supposed to work with recent Flash Players? Is it supposed to work with Windows and Mac OS X or is it purposed for Linux only?

Is there any SDK to develop plugins/addons for the Flash Player itself, not Action Script plugins? I couldn't find any information about it on Internet

Thanks in advance, any thoughts are appreciated.

--

Regards,

Roman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines