26 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 3:25 PM by ianm52471878

Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD

ianm52471878

Hello,

I use APE 11. Many times I’ve copied TV programmes from my Sky+ disc to re-writeable DVDs via my DVD burner/player, thence to APE on my PC where I edit them – usually removing adverts etc. – and then burnt them to a blank DVD to be shown on my TV. Basic, simple stuff and no problems until today when I tried to do that with a film of about three hours length. Here’s the sequence of events:

1. The film, when shown on TV from my Sky+ box, was at the normal dimensions, i.e. it filled the (wide) screen;

2. When burnt to a DVD-RW and shown on TV it was still at the same dimensions, filling the screen;

3. When copied from the DVD-RW to APE on my PC it still filled the screen at the correct dimensions;

4. After editing on APE it was still at the same dimensions;

5. After using APE to burn it to a DVD-R it was still OK when shown on the PC by a media player; but

6. When the DVD-R was shown on my TV via the DVD player, the picture had a black border around it and was about half the size of the original. Changing the picture ratio made no difference: the border remained and the image was smaller than the original.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,

Ian

• 1. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved?

1. The film, when shown on TV from my Sky+ box, was at the normal dimensions, i.e. it filled the (wide) screen;

Just what is normal dimensions - 720 x 480 16:9, 1280 x 720 16:9, or 1920 x 1080 16:9 or other?

2. When burnt to a DVD-RW and shown on TV it was still at the same dimensions, filling the screen;

Where did you burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD-RW disc, and what was the specific burn to preset 16:9 or 4:3? Are you dealing with the usual 720 x 480/720 x 576 resolutions or some customized resolution?

3. When copied from the DVD-RW to APE on my PC it still filled the screen at the correct dimensions;

What was the project preset used for this project? Please explain "copy" - after assuring the correct 4:3 or 16:9 project preset, did you insert your

DVD-RW disc in the burner tray and then select Add Media or Get Media/DVD camera or Computer Drive/Video Importer and end up with

Premiere Elements Timeline DVD video files (VOBs)? Did you have a 4:3 or 16:9 project at this point? And, what did you use for the burn to and

its preset - Publish+Share or Share/Disc/DVD with preset = NTSC_Widescreen Dolby DVD or something else?

4. After editing on APE it was still at the same dimensions;

And, what were those dimensions.

5. After using APE to burn it to a DVD-R it was still OK when shown on the PC by a media player; but

Please confirm what you are using here - what project preset and what specific burn to selection Publish+Share or Share/Disc/DVD--- NTSC_Widescreen DVD Dolby or something else?

6. When the DVD-R was shown on my TV via the DVD player, the picture had a black border around it and was about half the size of the original. Changing the picture ratio made no difference: the border remained and the image was smaller than the original.

Assuming the you are in a workflow heading for DVD-VIDEO on DVD-R disc, what are the properties of the VTS_01_1.VOB in the VIDEO_TS Folder that is found on the DVD-R disc. See Media Info (Tree View) video audio properties read out program. If Windows http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Just be careful for your download and install choices so that you do not get any unwanted baggage that might come along with MediaInfo.

There are several places along the path where you could have run into a project settings and export settings conflict. And, we should not discard a TV settings issue.

Please consider.

ATR

• 2. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
            ianm52471878 Level 1

Thanks for your reply, ATR.

I'm afraid most of your questions are way beyond my limited knowledge-level - I use APE for fairly simple editing - but I'll do my best. I'm using version 11 of Premiere Elements, and Windows 8.1 on my PC, by the way.

Here goes:

1. The film, as shown in cinemas, had the aspect ratio 2.35:1. When shown on my TV by my Sky+ box I assume it had the same aspect ratio but I don't know at what dimensions, other than that it wasn't in HD.

2. No idea, I'm sorry to say. I burnt to a DVD-RW disc in exactly the same way I've always done, using my DVD player/recorder which remains permanently connected to the Sky+ box and TV. I've never altered the original settings on it and it has always played back at the same aspect ratio and screen size as the original broadcast/recording. With pre-recorded DVDs I can adjust the settings on the TV to the correct aspect ratio.

3. As I always have done, I put the DVD-RW into the PC's burner tray and selected "Add Media" and "DVD camera or computer drive", without changing any settings, but I don't know what the aspect ratio was at that point, except that it definitely wasn't 4:3. I use the "Fit to visible timeline" setting. For the burn I used "Publish+Share", "Disc", "DVD", and "PAL_Widescreen_DolbyDVD".

4. I'm looking at the aspect ratio now, and it's 16:9.

5. The same as before: "Publish+Share", "Disc", "DVD", and "PAL_Widescreen_DolbyDVD".

6. It says: Image size 352 x 576. Pixel Aspect Ratio 2.1818. Is that what you meant?

I'm a rank amateur at this kind of thing and I'm rather out of my depth. I don't understand why it should suddenly do this when it's always been OK in the past.

Thanks again for your help!

Ian

• 3. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Thanks for the reply.

My impression at this time is that you are dealing with an unnoticed change in your project settings, Sky+ and the rest, or a problem with the TV settings.

Details.

Let us start at the end and work through what you have on the DVD-R disc that you obtained from the Premiere Elements 11 Windows 8.1 64 bit burn to using

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD disc

with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

What you should have on that DVD disc are two Folders (OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS).

It is the VIDEO_TS Folder that contains the DVD video files.

There is no way you are going to get a 352 x576 with Aspect Ratio = 2.1818 from burn to with Premiere Elements any version.

What you will have on that DVD disc for those settings is 720 x 576 16:9 which has the 720 x 576 stretched by a 16:9 flag to about 1050 x 576 for display after encoding.

Please consider

1. In the project that generated your PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc, go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, and tell us what you see there for

Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out).

2. When you use the Video Importer, select VTS_01_1.VOB file in the Video Importer dialog, and get it into the project with the dialog's Get Media.

In Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for that file, select Properties. What are the properties of the file - frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio?

3. Place the PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc (finished project produced by this project) in the burner tray. Go to Computer, find the drive into which this disc is inserted, right click the drive, and click Open. You should see the OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder. Double click the VIDEO_TS Folder to open it. Inside the VIDEO_TS Folder look for the file specifically named VTS_01_1.VOB. Import that file into the MediaInfo program (Tree View) and look at video properties frame size, frame rate, and display aspect ratio.

MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net

Miscellaneous

I have tried to follow through the whole of your work.

It would appear that the Sky+ is recording cinema 2.35.1 (1920 x 817 - 2.35:1)

Premiere Elements 4:3 or 16:9.

The Sky+ manual talks about copying that to a DVD. It is not clear if that means copying (as in data disc) or converting the recorder's format to PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc.

When you say that you have done this all before, does that include the Premiere Elements involvement in the task?

Please consider. Wherever needed, we can zero in on anything for which you want more clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                ianm52471878 Level 1

Thanks for your continued efforts, ATR. Here's the information you requested:

1. Editing Mode: HD 1080i; Timebase: 25.00 frames/second; Frame size: 1920 horizontal, 1080 vertical; Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0).

2. Frame size: 1024.0 MB; Frame rate: 25.00; Pixel Aspect Ratio: 2.1818.

3. Frame size: I couldn't see it, but the Width is 720 pixels and the Height is 576 pixels, if that's any help; Frame rate: 25.000 fps; Pixel Aspect Ratio: 4:3.

When I said that I'd done it all before, that did indeed include the Premier Elements involvement.

I use Premier Elements in an identical fashion whenever I create a DVD from a TV programme, but today I spotted a possible difference relating to my initial burning of the DVD-RW from the Sky+ disc. My burner/player is a Toshiba D-R18DTKB, which allows me to select from several recording modes depending upon the quality/length of time of the recording required, i.e. the best quality gives a maximum recording time of about 1 hour, then there are settings for 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours and 8 hours, with the recording quality dropping accordingly. In the past I've always been able to use the 1 hour or 2 hours settings, but the length of the film in question, being more than 3 hours (including advertisements that I later edited out with Premier Elements) meant that I had to use the 4 hour setting for the first time. I experimented today: I recorded the first 2 hours of the film onto a DVD-RW at the 2 hour setting, put it through Premier Elements in the usual way, burnt it onto a DVD, and played it through my DVD player onto the TV. It worked perfectly, with a full screen!

I assume, therefore, that the problem of the reduction in picture size was a result of my use of the 4 hour setting when I burnt the DVD-RW from the Sky+ recording. I don't understand why it should do that, but it seems that it did.

Best wishes,

Ian

• 5. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                  ianm52471878 Level 1

More about the 2 and 4 hour settings. Having burnt the first 2 hours of the film from the Sky+ disc onto a DVD that was set to the 2 hour setting, edited it through Premier Elements, and burnt it to another DVD that played it perfectly on my TV, I performed exactly the same procedure with the second portion of the film, and that played perfectly, too.

Then the strange occurrence: I joined the two parts of the "Premier Elements" film together burnt the resulting film onto a DVD, which I played on TV, expecting a perfect fit on the screen. Instead I found myself back at square one, i.e. the picture, although in the correct aspect ratio, took up only half the screen, with a black border around it.

It's all very strange and immensely frustrating!

With best wishes,

Ian

• 6. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ianm

Thanks for the replies.

Referring to my post 3 and your reply post 4 and 5....

Still unanswered...

what are the actual pixel dimensions of the starting file that you described a having a 2.35:1 aspect ratio and a 2.1818 pixel aspect ratio? I am looking for width in pixels x height in pixels

and

when you read the properties of the VTS_01_1.VOB from the VIDEO_TS Folder on the DVD disc as described, what is the pixel aspect ratio? It is not 4:3. You should be seeing pixel aspect ratio = 1.0940 for PAL Standard 4:3 or pixel aspect ratio = 1.4587 for PAL Widescreen 16:9.

Your project preset is the PAL default 1080i25. So, when you get to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, the preset should be sitting on PAL_Widescreen_Dolby Digital. Is it, and do you have that set for the burn to disc?

Please review that above and then we will try to put the information together for a solution.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                      ianm52471878 Level 1

Hello, ATR.

I just spent about forty minutes typing a reply to your last message, at which point the screen blinked and everything I'd written disappeared forever into the aether! I considered taking a hammer to every piece of technological equipment in the vicinity but, upon reflection, I decided that that probably wouldn't help much, so I've counted to ten, several times, and will start again after a night's repose.

Technology is wonderful ... when it works.

Cheers,

Ian

• 8. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Take courage. I know the feeling when something that should work does not. I have spent the day trying to install Windows 10...I am practicing with Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit laptop first before I get to my working computer. The long process seems to go smoothly to the very end ....moment of truth when I restart the computer to open Windows 10 and instead am still facing Windows 7 with a cannot install 10 message. But, in the thought of never give up, we continue. There is a parable in there for you.

As your schedule permits, please post answers to the questions asked in post 6. The answer must be in those details.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                          ianm52471878 Level 1

Hello, ATR.

Here I go again! I’ll try to give all of the information you’ve requested, and a bit more.

(a) Original DVD, burnt directly from the Sky+ disc. (Mediainfo.)

Width: 352 pixels, Height: 576 pixels. Frame Rate: 25.000 fps. Display Aspect Ratio: 4:3.

(b) Premier Elements Edit Menu - Project Settings – General.

Editing Mode: HD 1080i. Timebase: 25.00 frames/second. Frame Size: 1920 horizontal; 1080 vertical. Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0).

(c) Premier Elements. VTS_01_1.VOB file in the Video Importer dialogue, in the project with the dialogue's Get Media.

Frame Size/Image Size: 352 x 576. Frame Rate: 25.00. Pixel Aspect Ratio: 2.1818.

(d) Final DVD, created by Premier Elements. (Mediainfo.)

Frame Size: Width 720 pixels, Height 576 pixels. Frame Rate: 25.000 fps. Display Aspect Ratio: 16:9. I can find no numbers that look anything like 1.0940 or 1.4587; should I attach the screen shot of the Mediainfo page?

Premier Elements is set to “PAL_Widescreen_Dolby Digital” at all times during the procedure.

Thanks again for your patience and help,

Ian

• 10. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Great information.

I am going to go through the steps to make sure that we are in sync all the way to the end product DVD-VIDEO.

a) Original DVD, burnt directly from the Sky+ disc. (Mediainfo.)

Width: 352 pixels, Height: 576 pixels. Frame Rate: 25.000 fps. Display Aspect Ratio: 4:3.

(b) Premier Elements Edit Menu - Project Settings – General.

Editing Mode: HD 1080i. Timebase: 25.00 frames/second. Frame Size: 1920 horizontal; 1080 vertical. Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0).

(c) Premier Elements. VTS_01_1.VOB file in the Video Importer dialogue, in the project with the dialogue's Get Media.

Frame Size/Image Size: 352 x 576. Frame Rate: 25.00. Pixel Aspect Ratio: 2.1818.

a) The typical PAL DVD-VIDEO is 720 x 576, either 4:3 or 16:9, but with that same landscape orientation. Your 352 x 576 is 3:4 not 4:3 and has portrait orientation. There are no 352 x 576 project presets for this in Premiere Elements. So, when your VOBs get imported into the project with the default project preset (1920 x 1080i25), it should present like this. Is it?

Portrait Ian.JPG

So the first question is what are you doing to that image, when you see that in the Edit area monitor...

a. leaving it as is

b. rotating it to give it a landscape rather than portrait orientation...no scaling....so what you have is a widescreen oriented image with black border around the image, top, bottom, left, right.

c. changing the orientation to landscape and scaling what you see to fill the Edit area monitor space to get rid of black borders

The above information is very important.

Onward after we are OK with the above details that you post.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                              ianm52471878 Level 1

ATR,

"So, when your VOBs get imported into the project with the default project preset (1920 x 1080i25), it should present like this. Is it?"

No, it's already in landscape, like this:

Capture.JPG

I leave it as it is, with no alterations.

Thanks,

Ian

• 12. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

This is atypical for Premiere Elements even though your 352 x 576 VOBs are supposed to be "PAL DVD compliant" - often referred to as "Half-D1"....I have been doing a crash course in 352 x 576 vobs  which are said to have those dimensions yet display at 720 x 576.

I am trying to sort through lots of Online information on this type of situation. Do you have a spare 352 x 576 vob file that you could send via a Dropbox or Google Drive link so that I could work with the file and decide what can be done and what needs to be done to get what I assume is a 720 x 576 16:9 or 4:3 @ 25 interlaced frames per second either by looking at the dimensions or looking at the display on the TV screen.

Is there any chance that your Sky+ offers the choice of  720 x 576 which will display at 720 x 576 rather than 352 x 576 which will display at 720 x 576. The latter is going to present in the video editor as 352 x 576.

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                  ianm52471878 Level 1

Hello, ATR.

I feel extremely guilty about the time and effort that you're putting into solving this problem, and can only hope that you'll get something useful out of your "crash course"! For me it's like stumbling blindfold through a forest!

I'm fairly new to Dropbox but I think I've deposited a relevant vob file there. When I copied and pasted the link, the following appeared here:  Dropbox - VTS_01_5.VOB . I hope that's what you need.

The "Settings" for my Sky+ box give the following details on TV:-

Scart/RF1 Picture Format: 16:9;

RF2 Picture Format: 16:9;

Scart Control: Off;

Scart Video Output: PAL;

HD Resolution Output: 1080i.

None of that means much to me, and I haven't found anywhere that mentions a choice of pixel settings or ratios.

All the best,

Ianhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/1mhqjdqx8j38jkc/VTS_01_5.VOB?dl=0

• 14. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Just starting my day. I am in the process of downloading your video sample - 4 minutes more to go.

Will start exploring and working on the sending after download completed and have given the sending a workout.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated. Last night I succeed with my Windows 10 install which I thought would never work without the sending from Microsoft. So, do not give up.

Thanks.

To be continued.

ATR

• 15. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

The properties that I get for your VOB from MediaInfo

352 x 576 pixels

25 interlaced framer per second

Field Order: Top Field First

Display Aspect Ratio = 4.3

Bitrate = 2048 kbps variable

AC-3 audio Stereo 2 channel

48000 Hz

Bitrate = 256 kbps constant

From all that I have read, given the appropriate player that recognizes the signal, that will play on the TV as PAL 720 x 576 4:3.

That is not happening in Premiere Elements. It is reading only the original 352 x 576.

Possible considerations

Standard

1. Manually set the project preset for PAL DV Standard

2. Import your VOBs into the project.

3. Click on Edit area monitor to bring up the image's bounding box with its handles. And, scale the image to fit/fill the space in the Edit area monitor provided by the choice of project preset.

Have you been there and done that?

In this case, if DVD-VIDEO end product, then burn to preset is PAL_Dolby DVD.

Widescreen

1. Manually set the project preset for PAL DV Widescreen

2. Import your VOBs into the project

3. Same as above

Have you been there and done that?

In this case, if DVD-VIDEO end product, then burn to preset is PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

If none of that produces satisfactory results, is there any way you could contact Sky+ to confirm if it offer setting for

720 x 576 which will display at 720 x 576 rather than 352 x 576 which will display at 720 x 576?

Please review and then let me know if any advances or same as before for your purposes.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                        ianm52471878 Level 1

ATR,

I've now tried 1 to 4 of your most recent message, but to no avail. I've also posted the problem on Sky's user-forum, but have had no replies so far; I'll let you know if I get any responses.

Best wishes,

Ian

• 17. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Thanks for the update.

We will be looking forward to the responds that you get on this matter from the Sky+ user forum.

Based on the sample that you sent, I am not understanding why post 15 information did not work for you.

In what way did it not work for you?

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 18. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                            ianm52471878 Level 1

Hello, ATR.

Sorry, I misunderstood your request in 15. How do I manually set the project preset? From Edit/Project Settings I can select General, Capture or Video Settings, but what should I do then? Capture is currently set to HDV and can be set to DV, but I can't see a mention of PAL DV Standard or Widescreen.

Thanks,

Ian

• 19. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Before I go into further details of post 15, please let me know what you are expecting for your final product.

PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen 16:9

or

PAL DVD-VIDEO Standard 4:3

(This PAL 352 x 576 appears to be video that is expected to be recogized by the player as PAL 720 x 576 standard 4:3 in spite of the frame resolution shown in its file properties.)

I will base the details for 4:3 or 16:9 according to your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I believe post 15 details should give you an good end product, but I need to know what you want as the end product.

• 20. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                ianm52471878 Level 1

ATR,

16:9 is what I'd prefer, if that's possible.

Thanks,

Ian

• 21. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Open Premiere Elements 11 to its Expert workspace and go to File Menu/New/Project. and follow the following sequence to set the project preset to PAL DV Widescreen.

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                                                  • In Change Settings, set the project preset to PAL DV Widescreen. OK out of there.
                                                  • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

1. Put your DVD-VIDEO disc with the DVD-VIDEO 352 x 576 (for 720 x 576 4:3 TV playback) in the burner tray.

2. Now import the DVD's VTS_01_1.vob  from the DVD disc in the burner tray into the project using the project's Add Media/Videos from Flip or Cameras/Video Importer.

3. In the Video Importer dialog

a. Set the Source field to your burner drive.

b. Set the hard drive Save In location for the VTS_01_1.vob.

c. Make sure to have a check mark next to Add to Timeline.

d. Make sure to have a check mark next to VTS_01_1.vob thumbnail displaying in the Video Importer

e. Hit Get Media in the Video Importer to open to your PAL DV Widescreen project which will have your VTS_01_1.vob on its Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

Should look like this after you click on the image in the Edit area monitor in order to bring up the image's bounding box.

Ian.JPG

Click drag out diagonally on that image bounding box handle to scale the image to fill (just fit) the Edit area monitor space

Ian2.JPG

When you are dragging on the bounding box handle, you can overscale and position and adjust your image for the final view.

That is the best we could do for this 4:3 going to a 16:9 outcome with a PAL Widescreen project setting for a PAL DVD-VIDEO on DVD burn to.

Please consider. Any questions, please let me know.

ATR

• 22. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                    ianm52471878 Level 1

Thanks enormously, ATR: it worked! I'll now try it on the entire film and let you know what happens.

I've delved into areas of Premier Elements I didn't know existed.

Incidentally, my message to the Sky forum seems to have been rather pointless. So far, fifty people have viewed it but none has replied.

Best wishes,

Ian

• 23. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Great news.

Please update us on any further developments as your schedule permits.

Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On...Great job in sorting through the details to gain your success. I need to learn more about the 352 x 576 that is supposed to display as PAL 720 x 576 on the TV Screen. Curious. If you ever get any input on Sky+ on that, please let us know.

• 24. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                        ianm52471878 Level 1

ATR,

It worked on the edited version of the whole film, too, at 16:9, so not the original ratio but close enough not to notice any distortion. The picture touches the top and bottom of the TV screen, with a narrow border at each side.

Still 50 viewings of my message to the Sky forum but no replies; I'll let you know if I get any.

Once more, many thanks for all the time and effort you've put into solving the problem; it's been very much appreciated.

With best wishes,

Ian

• 25. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian

Thanks.

Did the TV playback show the thin right left black borders or did you see those black borders just the Edit area monitor?

Any change of a tiny nudge in the Edit area to get rid of them?

Any chance for TV playback where you can adjust them out if the black border edges are seen at TV playback?

Very glad that this worked out for you. We were glad to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR

• 26. Re: Reduced Size of Movie When Burnt to DVD
                                                            ianm52471878 Level 1

ATR,

The right-left borders were visible only on the TV image, as I'd taken those Edit borders back to the Edit area limit. I could take them further but wouldn't that mean losing some of the top-bottom image on the TV?

My (Sony Bravia) TV has various picture-ratio settings, and I experimented with them all. "Zoom" was the best, filling the screen from top to bottom but leaving the thin, black borders to the left and right.

Best wishes,

Ian