1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 5:40 AM by A.T. Romano

If I create a slideshow with music on Premier Elements 13 can I send it to someone who does not have elements 13 for them to view?

WillMcNamee Level 1

If I create a slideshow with music on Premier Elements 13 can I send it to someone who does not have elements and can they in turn view it?

• 1. Re: If I create a slideshow with music on Premier Elements 13 can I send it to someone who does not have elements 13 for them to view?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

WillMcNamee

What computer operating system is involved? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please consider doing that.

For your immediate question.

If you create a slideshow in Elements Organizer 13/13.1, you can export that slideshow to a file saved to the computer hard drive, AVCHD.mp4 either 720p or 1080p. The other person does not need Premiere Elements to view it - just a player that supports the AVCHD.mp4 format.

If you create a slideshow solely in the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 editor, you export it in the Publish+Share/ section of the program. There are a variety of export choices for export to file saved to the computer hard drive under Publish+Share/Computer/. The Windows Media choice would be expected to give you the smaller file size.

Just in case note, the project that you open generates a project file. If you want someone to view just your slideshow creation, then you need to export the project's edited content to a file saved to the computer hard drive or do a burn to disc. For "sendings", always consider the mode of sending and file size requirements.

If you create a slideshow solely in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and want the other person to view and edit your work, then I would suggest that you archive the project (File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy project), and then send the saved Copied folder. This needs to be discussed further if interested in this idea.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

Please review, consider, and supply more information. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR