Exit

Update Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Lightroom 6.1

Today while starting lightroom there came in an automatically update from Adobe. And after all the download and installation there was a new Application "Creative Cloud" on my Mac. This Application now requested me to update Lightroom. But there is an update for Lightroom CC (2015) and not for Lightroom 6. What should I do? Run the update, is this update correct for Lightroom 6, too? Better abort the update?

Thanks...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Both are same .

You can try updating from Help menu in Lightroom 6 .

Click on Help menu and select Updates option.

Creative Cloud app is nothing but updated version Adobe Application Manager  which is essential to handle processes like activation , download , install .

If you had purchased LR 6 with serial number , it is optional that you can keep Adobe Creative Cloud or remove it .

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are same .

You can try updating from Help menu in Lightroom 6 .

Click on Help menu and select Updates option.

Creative Cloud app is nothing but updated version Adobe Application Manager  which is essential to handle processes like activation , download , install .

If you had purchased LR 6 with serial number , it is optional that you can keep Adobe Creative Cloud or remove it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jens,

As Brucgov correctly stated, both are same.

You may try to download the application directly through the link: New Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines