9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 2:54 PM by A.T. Romano

After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files

andreasc97322580

I have been using Premiere Elements 12 to cut own videos and recordings from my satellite receiver, which uses the .ts format. After upgrading to windows 10, I cannot import these files anymore. Any help?

• 1. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andreasc

Although I have Windows 10 reserved, Microsoft has not sent me Windows 10 yet.

If you rename the file extension from .ts to .mpeg, do these files import in Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 10? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet? If not, please do that.

Does the problem exist if you start a new project?

Do you still have Windows 7 or 8.1 on your computer with Windows 10? If so, if you try to open these .ts files in Windows 7 or 8.1, do they now open?

Please consider and supply more details. I should have a first hand answer in a few days. At that time, I will put your issue top of my list to Premiere Elements Windows 10 explorations.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
            nexusben!

Aside from that, is the program working ok? I have my upgrade available, but I haven't installed yet because I'm a bit wary of issues.

• 3. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nexusben

How are you planning on installing Windows 10? I am going with having Windows 10 and 8.1 on the same computer, just in case.

My original choice was to go with the Windows 10 on a secondary computer, but, once I get Windows 10, I think that my current plan will work to give me a safety net.

There are those who insist that Premiere Elements works on Windows 10, but I need to know that for my computer environment before I generalize.

ATR

• 4. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
                nexusben! Level 1

I got the free upgrade on my computer, so I'm using that to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

• 5. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
                  andreasc97322580 Level 1

Hello A.T. Romano,

I am on the latest version 12.1. Meanwhile, I managed to install an mpeg2 codec which re-enables me to view .ts files in my media player. Anyway, premiere elements still refuses to work with them. Unfortunately, right now I have no chance to try these files on former windows versions. Renaming files from .ts to .mpeg does not help either.

• 6. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

andreasc

Summary

Windows 10 Home 64 bit or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

MPEG2.ts Import

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor - Yes

Elements Organizer 12/12.1 - No

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor - Yes

Elements Organizer 13/13.1 - No

Details

Yesterday I got Windows 10 installed on two of my computer - one had previously been Windows 7 64 bit and the other Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I have at least one ts file, and I will try it on both using Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

Just now result...Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor on Windows 10 Home 64 bit (used to be Windows 8.1 64 bit)

I can import my MPEG2.ts file into the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor but not into the Elements Organizer 12/12.1...get not supported message - no import in Elements Organizer, not even a gray thumbnail.

Now this is the good part.....Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (used to be Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit).

First try...the same MPEG2.ts triggered a cannot not import "generic error" type message...had used Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets (no drag to Timeline).

Second try using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets (no drag to Timeline)...the same MPEG2.ts triggered a pop up activating a component, followed by about 2 Microsoft pop ups for OKs. The MPEG2.ts then automatically imported in the project.

Elements Organizer 12/12.1 ...same non support as found for other computer.

I repeated the above with Premiere Elements 13/13.1....got the same results.

Please let us know if your .ts issue is only with Elements Organizer or both Elements Organizer and Premiere Elements Editor.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

andreasc

Important Add On To My Post Numbered 6.....

I had one computer available to me that was not changed to Windows 10 Home or Pro 64 bit. It is Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit, and has on it Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and Elements Organizer 12/12.1. When I imported the same MPEG2.ts file that I used in the tests described in post 6, I got the same results....

MPEG2.ts Import

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor - Yes

Elements Organizer 12/12.1 - No

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Editor - Yes

Elements Organizer 13/13.1 - No

This forces me to believe that your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Elements Organizer 12/12.1 .ts import issue is not a Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Elements Organizer 12/12.1 on Windows 10 issue.

Please consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
                        andreasc97322580 Level 1

ATR,

actually I do not use the organizer. Since everything worked fine with windows 8.x, I believe in a windows upgrade induced issue as well. Maybe the codec I found does not work with elements....

Fun Fact: on facebook, adobe is telling me that .ts files have never been supported...

• 9. Re: After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot import .ts files
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

andreas

Thanks for the update.

What is the name of the Adobe person who wrote that .ts files have never been supported in Premiere Elements Windows?

I have Premiere Elements 4 through 13/13.1 on the same Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit computer?

Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Editor - .ts files are not supported.

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Editor - .ts files are not supported

Premiere Elements 10 - ts files are supported

Premiere Elements 11 - .ts files are supported

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 - .ts files are supported

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 - .ts files are supported

These results are reproducible on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

And, you have seen my Windows 10 64 bit results posted earlier in your thread.

Because these versions are on the same computer, I would think that would shoot down the idea of a missing codec?

If you considered sending a sample of one of your .ts files in a Dropbox or Google Drive link in your thread, I would test it in my computer environments.

I am not envisioning a MPEG2.ts that is not a MPEG2.ts, but we could look.

Thanks.

ATR