4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2015 5:21 PM by bryans571936

Three Way Colour Correction Not Appearing

bryans571936

Hello -

I'm currently using the Adobe Premiere Elements 13.0 trial and trying to see if it will work with my dive videos. In Premiere Pro there is a three-way colour correction option that works great. I do not need much more than that so I want to use Elements as opposed to Premiere Pro and save lots of $$$$.

I'm looking around and cannot find any option about it. I've seen some discussions already about the eye dropper not working properly, but I can't even get it to show up at all.

I only get Color / Color RGB correction which do not actually correct the "white" or actual balance of the film and just seems to improve "brightness" of the mentioned colours in the film.

Please advise on what I need to do to get this corrected... I've come up with no answers so far. I know this feature is on Adobe Premiere Elements 11... so not sure why it wouldn't be there on a newer model.

• 1. Re: Three Way Colour Correction Not Appearing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bryans

The Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Three-Way-Color Corrector is not under the Adjust Tab.

Please look to the bottom of the Expert workspace and the fx Effects Tab. Under that tab go to Color Correction/Three-Way Color Corrector.

Please note that the Quick workspace does not have all the components that the Expert workspace has.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Three Way Colour Correction Not Appearing
            bryans571936 Level 1

ATR -

Thanks for your prompt reply. I notice that when I looked in FX only two were listed... Motion and opacity.

Is it not a default option to appear in FX?

Is the third updated in 13.1?

Cheers

Sent from my Windows Phone

• 3. Re: Three Way Colour Correction Not Appearing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bryans

Thanks for the reply.

fx Effects Tab choices such as Three-Way Color Corrector are accessed via fx Effects Tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace.

After you apply the effect, it can be edited under the Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/ which has as default Panels = Motion and Opacity.

If you want Volume, then you go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments/Volume Panel expanded.

Only after you have applied Three-Way Color Corrector effect to your Timeline file will you see ThreeWay Color Corrector Panel in Applied Effects Palette (along with the default panels for Motion and Opacity).

colorcorrector.JPG

All of this is the same in 13.1 as in 13. If the Three-Way Color Corrector Panel is not present in Applied Effects Palette after you apply the effect to your video. Please assure that you have your clip selected. Are you dragging the effect from fx Effects Tab location into the Timeline file or the Edit area monitor?

Please consider and supply more details so that we know that you are OK with the details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Three Way Colour Correction Not Appearing
                bryans571936 Level 1

ATR -

Will try this and update you as soon as I can!

Thanks!

Cheers

Sent from my Windows Phone