1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 10:56 AM by 99jon

Cannot upload images from Canon 5ds R, updated plugin will not install to Light Room, Adobe instructions for installing are useless

mcsii

I found the RAW update 9.1.1 for Light Room, which is supposed to allow me to upload images with the "CR2" extension from my Canon 5DS R.  I installed the zipped file, then expanded it.  Once done I opened Light Room (just updated version), then opened plugin manager menu, but the newly downloaded file does not appear.  Light Room says plugins have to have a ".lrplugin" extension but I cannot find the file which was unpacked from the zipped file to "save as" to add that extension, if that will even work.  What am I doing wrong here?

• 1. Re: Cannot upload images from Canon 5ds R, updated plugin will not install to Light Room, Adobe instructions for installing are useless
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Camera raw updates are for Photoshop not Lightroom. Your camera needs LR6. You can buy from the following link. After clicking "Buy" change from Full to Upgrade; then select your existing LR product from the drop-down menu and the correct pricing will be displayed. Then simply choose “Add to Cart”

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_softwar e_sl_mostpopular.html

Or you can take a 30 day free trial via the Creative Cloud to test what’s new (some new features are only available to CC subscribers) and after the trial it’s possible to convert the CC version to the LR6 stand-alone version, upon purchase of a serial number and without any further installation. In either case make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.

Compare Lightroom versions | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

Minimum system requirements

Windows®

• Intel® or AMD Athlon® processor with 64-bit support
          • Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
          • OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10 capable graphics card for GPU related functionality
          • 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
          • 2GB of available hard-disk space
          • Internet connection required for Internet-based services

Mac OS

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
          • Mac OS X v10.8*, 10.9, or 10.10
          • OpenGL 3.3 capable graphics card for GPU related functionality
          • 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
          • 2GB of available hard-disk space
          • Internet connection required for Internet-based services

* GPU functionality only available on Mac OSX 10.9 or 10.10