1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 12:30 PM by Szalam Branched from an earlier discussion.

preview

Bingus

Please . Please . Please Please Please put the ******* Preview button back on the time controls. You left the Num Pad zero functionality but decided that nobody needs to press that as a button???? WTF? Do you know how many AE laptop users just got screwed by this move??? And what do we get for this? ---a blank space where it used to be.   --WHAT good does that do anybody?????!!!   I just don't get it.

• 1. Re: preview
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

chris roth wrote:

Do you know how many AE laptop users just got screwed by this move

I'm interested in why you feel like this. Could you explain more clearly what your objection is? As someone who occasionally works on his MacBook Pro, I find the new preview functionality is preferable for laptop use because I don't have to go hunting for a tiny button in the interface, I can just press spacebar now and I get playback similar to the old RAM preview.

You can also change the functionality of the preview buttons - so you have more options now than before.

This page explains more: all about previews in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) | After Effects region of interest

If you still don't like it after going through that link and adjusting it, you can carry on using CC 2014. Even if someone passes a project to you that was created in CC 2015, you can still open those project files in CC 2014.

If whoever did your install of CC 2015 accidentally left the option to remove CC 2014 on, you can still install CC 2014 easily. How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015

1 person found this helpful