1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2015 1:49 AM by greenrookie

How to relink an image on the active page in InDesign using ApplesScipt

Dave_Guerrero

So I have to make contact sheets at work often and I'm trying to make a script that will replace an image with a specific one.

I have gotten this script to do it, but i want it to do it on the page that is currently active, not just Page 1 of the file.

Here is my code:

!

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2014"

tell active document

set myPage to active page

relink link "Logo.png" to alias "F3-PLA:03_jobs:ABCCABLE.1127777:ASSETS:Templates:Logos_CS:XD:Logo.png"

try

update link "Logo.png" --sometimes the new link comes up modified. I don't know why.

end try

end tell

end tell

!

• 1. Re: How to relink an image on the active page in InDesign using ApplesScipt
          greenrookie Level 2

Try this.

This will only relink items on active page.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CC 2014"

set myFinalfile to "F3-PLA:03_jobs:ABCCABLE.1127777:ASSETS:Templates:Logos_CS:XD:Logo.png"

tell active document

set myActivePage to active page of layout window 1

set myLinks to {}

set grphicBoxes to all graphics of myActivePage

repeat with i in grphicBoxes

set iLink to (item link of i whose name contains "Logo.png")

set end of myLinks to iLink

repeat with j in myLinks

relink j to alias myFinalfile

end repeat

end repeat

end tell

end tell

greenrookie