2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 7:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements ghosting in windows 7

dianal96459421

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Just recently every time I load premiere Elements 11 and 13.1 when I try to resize the screen I get a "ghosting" effect - leaves patches of the window on the screen. This has happened just recently - works fine in Windows 8 so  I am picking that it has something to do with a windows 7 upgrade,

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements ghosting in windows 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This has been a bug in Premiere Elements since version 11. I've seen it on Windows 7 too. FWIW, it does not seem to be an issue on Windows 10.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements ghosting in windows 7
            A.T. Romano Level 7

dianal

Premiere Elements 11 and 13.1 on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

My first impression is that what you describe in not a "bug" in the typical sense of the word. I have both programs and other versions on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit and have never seen this issue - everything updated - the video card/graphics card is Intel HD Graphics (up to date driver version). Windows theme - non high contrast.

I would suggest you explore:

1. Video card/graphics card driver version. Is the card updated automatically.

a. Make sure the the driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer.

b. If the card is up to date, then roll back the driver version to determine if that makes a difference.

c. If all else fails, then delete the BadDrivers.txt file according to the following instructions for your versions

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Also, determine what Windows 7 theme you are using. There have been Premiere Elements problems in the past involving the use of Windows 7 High Contrast Theme.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR