What do you mean by 'built in' mattyman0? Beyond h1-h3 tags, alt img tags, and making the site in html5, the rest is pretty much content creation, it is not? Either way, trying to rank sites these days is really tricky from what I hear clients say...especially with negative seo companies. I suppose that just means more work for us designers, though. :-/
SEO is an automatic process executed the more often the individual pages are accessed, the more they slip forward. There was a very interesting thread here in the forum about SEO, which I remember and so I don't think DW should have a feature in it. Here the most important things in "brief".
1) Fully understand your markup language.
2) Work first BEFORE anything on CONTENT not on black hat "tricks" and or on white hat inbound links.
3) Expand the content so that you become an authority on the subject of the keyword phrases you wish to appear well ranked for.
4a) Avoid the error of going all over the internet looking for the "ONE WAY TO SUCCESS" posts. There is NO such thing. Google does not rank all sites and blogs by the same values. Some are simply in the top ten for middle to complex keywords and keyword phrases because of their AGE and the AUTHORITY factor (that they contain original content with good outbound links WHILE OTHER BLOGS AND SITES are listed in the top ten ON REGIONAL search because of inbound links. And there are certain pages which are ranked simply by the volume of search requests for that page. And then there are others which appear and remain in the top ten because they are rated by Google with what is called PageRank .... and on and on.
In other words before you end up getting depressed and giving in to purchasing Adwords (sponsored links) try the following:
4b) Set a routine. Make this routine involve an hour at least per day to UPDATING and EXPANDING your content. Use PDF files (learn how to optimize meta tags and onpage PDF alt text and Accessibility). Expand with images which have BEFORE YOU UPLOAD THEM been right clicked to add (on your computer) meta information to the image files. Make sure to name your image info TRUTHFULLY (Google can read the content of images) so do not call it PARIS HILTON and ME unless it is a photo of you and Paris. Use the "+" sign between keywords. Per example if indeed it is a picture of you with Paris Hilton in Saint Tropez in the summer of 2008 then you might wish to name the image: YourFullnameInOneword+ParisHilton+SaintTropez+France+2008.jpg - note that some image formats do not allow for meta tags. Also be aware that as soon as you start tagging your images these keywords will be READ BY THE ROBOTS as they crawl your markup - so DO NOT SPAM your image titles and have DIFFERENT image tittles. Also place your images in a 2 deep folder system on your server AND ALWAYS LINK TO THE IMAGE WITH THE FULL URI / URL.
4c) Next spend a few hours reading a good BOOK about SEO. There are several. The best I have found is by DAVID VINEY and called "Get to the Top on Google" (Published by Nicholas Brealey Publishing - London, Boston). This book will give you tips and techniques to get your site to the of the search engine rankings and stay there. Also read the archives of Vanessa Fox's Blog - www.ninebyblue.com/blog/ (HGD now > http://www.ninebyblue.com/blog/seo/).
5) Set your objective to 3 keywords or keyword phrases per page.
6) Start to NAME YOUR PAGES with your keywords and name your folders as well - but try to do this ALL in small letters with dashes between words.
7) Install Google Webmaster Tools.
8) Make and add a XML sitemap and update this on Google Webmaster Tools. (And get Google Analytics)
9) Start to seek IN THE TEXT BODY PageRank 5 and higher "follow links"
(see here info about NOFOLLOW links on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow).
10) Take a break and start again - the key to success is WORK. Nothing else will give you lasting success as honest effort.
11) ... and as Nancy O. said: only a short time ago: patience!
On the other hand you can expedite a bit by using "Dublin Core Metadata". Here the link: