5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 9:28 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements; how to remove old projects and best quality on DVD

martenk37898988

Hello, I use Premiere Elements 11 and like to know how I can remove older projects which I don't need anymore.

What I also like to know is what is the best format to save on a DVD (best result quality).

I hope someone can help.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements; how to remove old projects and best quality on DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

martenk

What computer operating system?

I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now.

Go to the 13.0 Folder in the route Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

In the 13.0 Folder delete all that specifically relates to the named project that you want to get rid of.

(Some plan ahead and set up to have all the folders/files for a project go into its own folder. For now, I will assume that you have not done that.

So you will have to go through all the folders in the 13.0 Folder to pick out and delete all those files which have the name of the project that you want to delete.)

What do you want to produce - DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements; how to remove old projects and best quality on DVD
            martenk37898988 Level 1

Hello ATR,

My system is running Windows 7 / 64 bit

I would have assumed that I could delete old project within PE. I used Pinnacle in the past, so that is why I asked.

Is clear now that I have to delete myself. Thanks for explaining!

Then my question about the best DVD quality.

I have a HD widescreen Sony camera, so my question how do I get the best possible quality on DVD. Currently I'm  not satisfied with the results.

I also save the project as AVCHD file on a Harddisk, to have anyway the best quality, but for easy showing, I also want to burn a DVD,

Await your advice / thx in advance!

Marten

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements; how to remove old projects and best quality on DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Marten

Thanks for the reply.

Just so that I can gauge if you are dealing with expectations or need for some tweakings of your burn to DVD-VIDEO workflow, I would ask "Did you find a marked improvement of quality in the AVCHD on DVD burn to?

What is included in your Timeline content that is going to the burn to in either case.....

a. photos, what pixel dimensions and how many?

b. videos, format and duration, interlaced or progressive frame rate?

c. what is the project preset...please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio even if the fields look grayed out?

What is the total duration of the Timeline content?

Please consider and supply the details mentioned above so that we can try for possibilities to get the best possible DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc (presumed DVD Widescreen 16:9).

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements; how to remove old projects and best quality on DVD
                martenk37898988 Level 1

Hello ATR,

Sorry for my late reply.

I use HD quality video and typically have little less than 1 hour on the timeline.

I hope you can give a simple answer, so can use this as standard setting to burn the DVD in best quality available.

Thx!

Kind regards,

Marten

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements; how to remove old projects and best quality on DVD
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Marten

Premiere Elements 11 presumed Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit and your question which appears to be specific for DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc.

For end product, your choice would be Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset =  NTSC or PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD....a 16:9 choice for a 16:9 project.

(And, you do not use PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD choice with NTSC project and vice versa.)

The setup of the project is important. The project preset should match the properties of the source file going on the Timeline.

You do not give any information on the properties of the source file going on the Timeline (other than HD), so, if you want that information, then please supply the properties of your source file going on the Timeline. Do not depend on the project to set automatically the project preset correctly for you. Some generalizations....

a. typically better if source file has a progressive frame rate

b. if interlaced frame rate and upper field first scan order, then you might have to compensate for the since the end product uses

scan order of lower field first....you do that in either of two ways (a) use a Hard Disc Flash Memory Camcorders project preset or (b) use a "regular" project preset and then right click the file on the Timeline, select Field Options, then Reverse Field Dominance.

If you could be more specific about the properties of your source video, I could eliminate the need for you to read through the last paragraph. With that type of information, I would be able to give you specific settings which I believe you seek.

ATR