8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 6:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD

geoffreythecat

Premiere Elements 13 crashes when burning to DVD. It always happens at the same point (4%) then everything just grinds to a halt. I would like to try to uninstall but nothing appears on the list of programmes to uninstall yet the programme starts up ok. I have also tried to run the disc but it just whirs around inside the DVD player endlessly doing nothing.

I tried to open the file in Premiere Pro CS4 but it tells me that the file is corrupted yet it opens up in Elements! It just won't burn to DVD.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
          geoffreythecat Level 1

Sorry I should say that I am running Windows 7 on a Dell XPS with 16Gb RAM and Elements won't even burn a few photographs to DVD never mind video and audio

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
            A.T. Romano Level 7

geoffreythecat

What computer operating system is involved? If Windows, are you saying that your Premiere Elements 13 is not displayed under Control Panel/Programs?

1. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? Please do that.

2. Where is this 4% point

Encoding Menus

Encoding Media

Compiling Media

Burning to disc

3. Please look at the problem with and without the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" preference disabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

4. What are you doing - burn to disc DVD for DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or burn to disc AVCHD for AVCHD on DVD disk?

If you cannot do a burn to disc, does the burn to folder - Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB) work?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

geoffreythecat

Add On...I did not see your post 1 until after I had posted my post numbered 2.

We can discuss opening a Premiere Elements project file (.prel) in Premiere Pro after we sort through the Premiere Elements side of things.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
                geoffreythecat Level 1

Hi ATR. Thanks for responding so quickly - didn't expect that!

What computer operating system is involved? If Windows, are you saying that your Premiere Elements 13 is not displayed under Control Panel/Programs?

Strangely 'yes' is the answer - it is not displayed under under Control Panel/Programs. I have no idea why as this a new one on me. Yet the programme is there and running.

1. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? Please do that.

Elements is fully up-to-date.

2. Where is this 4% point

After 'Encoding Media' and then 4% into 'Burning to disc'

3. Please look at the problem with and without the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" preference disabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

I have a Burn to Folder in progress at the moment to see what happens so cannot access the Hardware Acceleration preference at the moment. As I write this it appears to be trying to burn to the folder but it seems to be hanging at 24%!

4. What are you doing - burn to disc DVD for DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or burn to disc AVCHD for AVCHD on DVD disk?

If you cannot do a burn to disc, does the burn to folder - Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB) work?

Burning to disc for a (PAL) TV

FYI I have found comments about NERO conflicting with Elements but this won't apply to me as I don't have NERO.

G

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

G

We will await your burn to folder results.

Are you using the burn preset PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?

Do you have an installation disc or installation files along with your purchased serial number?

When and if appropriate, look at

a. using your installation files or disc to install the program

b. when you do, if the program is installed, the installation should stop and uninstall the program before any reinstall.

c. determine if that works to get Adobe Premiere Elements 13 included in Control Panel/Programs

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/247515

To be continued...

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
                    geoffreythecat Level 1

ATR,

We will await your burn to folder results.

It didn't burn to Folder and stayed stuck at 24% so I backed out of that and, as usual, Elements crashed.

I have now switched off the Graphics Acceleration and that appears (appears!) to have cured the problem as I have managed to burn a demo disc. The image quality seems rather on the low side, though.

Are you using the burn preset PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?

Yes!

Do you have an installation disc or installation files along with your purchased serial number?

Yes a full Adobe disc with a proper Adobe Serial.

When and if appropriate, look at

a. using your installation files or disc to install the program.

For some reason the disc also hangs in the player and won't start up into Autoplay and I cannot open it by right clicking either! It's not my day, is it?

b. when you do, if the program is installed, the installation should stop and uninstall the program before any reinstall.

If only!

c. determine if that works to get Adobe Premiere Elements 13 included in Control Panel/Programs.

In the meantime I'll try to finish off the film and see what happens when I try to burn it.

Going away for a few days so it might not be until Monday/Tuesday before I find out more.

Many many thanks for getting me to this point. Hopefully all is now resolved.

G

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
                      geoffreythecat Level 1

Hi ATR,

Just to let you know that switching off the Graphics Acceleration seems to have definitely cured the problem.

Premiere Elements does, however, crash with great regularity. One of the causes appears to be when I right click on a clip and delete it. I found that selecting 'delete and remove gap' is better and doesn't cause a crash.

Many thanks again for your help.

G

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements crashes when burning to DVD
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

G

Thanks for the replies.

Sounding much better. Please confirm the outstanding problems....

a. Cannot find Adobe Premiere Elements 13 in Control Panel/Programs

and

b. Cannot respond to attempt to install Adobe Premiere Elements 13 as a fix for "a".

and

c. Crashes when using Delete instead of Delete and Close Gap?

Just in case note about the quality of the end product PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen, what seems to be the issue...resolution, jitter, flicker, other?

Have you looked at the AVCHD DVD instead of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD? You can produce a AVCHD on DVD with a regular burner, but you cannot play it back on a regular DVD player...need Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media players that supports AVCHD DVD.

I have not run into "c", I need to think about that one.

To be continued....

ATR