So, no suggestions.
So, it could be anything.
So, we don't know enough to tell.
So, you need to tell us more:
So, you probably need to learn how to run After Effect, too:
- I've got After Effects CS4.
- Windows 7 64bit.
- I used to get a text error, it looks somewhat like this Gyazo - f23ea4083a5a01db5f1dc69f1af9ec3f.png except, I get the error for Looks. Now, there's nothing.
- I think I've pretty told you about the specs of my PC.
- The source footage is .avi
- I have quicktime installed.
- The third party plugin that's causing this problem is definitely looks.
- This happens only with the final render, not ram preview.
- I am using Render Multiple Frame Simultaneously.
- The output module I'm using is Quicktime. I generally leave the render settings at Best.
Their forum was shut down.
The forum was shut down but their customer support is alive and well. Contact them. I cannot replicate your problem and didn't have it when I was running CS4 either. You may have difficulty finding many folks that are still on CS4 and Windows 7. You may need a previous version of looks that was compatible with CS4. That's the first place I would look. If that doesn't solve the problem then it was probably a Windows or driver update that is causing the problem. You are asking a new plug-in that was written for a newer OS and newer version of AE to work in a version of the software that is six or seven years old. There have been a lot of changes. According to Red Giant the latest version of Looks has only been approved back to CS6.
Oh. that must be it. I guess it's time for me to upgrade.