9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 4:04 PM by A.T. Romano

UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM

daniels26782589

Hello I've never uploaded anything to You Tube but want to start now.I've got the extended (more than 15 minutes) video duration from You Tube but cannot upload any videos because YOU TUBE does not accept the ADOBE file format. All my edited video projects file names end in *.prel. and this is not recognised by YOU TUBE. Can anybody help? Thanks. Daniel Smith

• 1. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
          A.T. Romano Level 7

daniels

The prel file is only the project file. You do not upload the project file (.prel) to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

What you upload there is the file that you have obtained from your export of the Premiere Elements Timeline (AVCHD.mp4 is a good choice).

If you have a 15 minutes plus upload then that must be uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site using your YouTube extended time account obtained from YouTube. Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature does not accept YouTube extended time accounts.

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer opeating system is involved?

If version 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, export the Timeline content Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

This assuming a 1080p project and a NTSC setup.

For more fine tuned information, please give more details.

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
            daniels26782589 Level 1

Everything works now. Many thanks.

DANIEL SMITH

• 3. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel Smith

Wonderful news "Everything works now..." Well done to gain your success.

Please never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification on any of your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
                daniels26782589 Level 1

Thanks I have a new question for you. Everything is going fine with my uploading of HD material which was originally filmed on SDHC memory cards.For uploading to YOU TUBE when selecting the "SHARE" option in Adobe PE 10 I first select "COMPUTER" to save the files and save them as MP4. For my HD material I use the "HD720p30" preset and this works fine. Later I log into YOU TUBE and do my uploading.

I now want to work with older non HD material recorded on mini DV tapes. What preset do you recommend that I should use when converting these files as "HD720p30" is clearly only for HD material?

Just to recap I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 10, Windows 7 and my camcorder is set up for use in the PAL zone.

Would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

DAN SMITH

• 5. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan Smith

If you have non HD captures and are seeking MP4 export choices to use for uploads to YouTube, I would ask

"Do these captures involve DV data standard 4:3 or DV data standard widescreen 16:9?"

If 16:9, then please look at Premiere Elements 10 Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset choice of YouTube Widescreen SD

Recommended upload encoding settings (Advanced) - YouTube Help

I decided on that particular one since it has a progressive rather than interlaced frame rate.

The project preset should represent the properties of the source media. That does not restrict your export choice, but you should be going from 16:9 project settings to 16:9 export settings. Example - project preset = PAL DV Widescreen for the MP4 export choice described, YouTube Widescreen SD.

Please let me know if I have targeted your question. If not, please let me know and I will modify my reply accordingly if your original DV data are standard 4:3.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
                    daniels26782589 Level 1

Thank you, I omitted to mention that the non HD stuff was recorded in 4.3 width not 16.9.

DAN SMITH

• 7. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan Smith

Thanks for the follow up.

Are you seeking to put the 4:3 on YouTube so that you do not get black borders? If so, that is not going to happen since the YouTube player is 16:9 only.

Please refer to examples at the bottom of

Recommended upload encoding settings (Advanced) - YouTube Help

We could consider importing the 4:3 source files into a Premiere Elements PAL DV Widescreen project and then scaling the 4:3 source in the Edit area monitor to fill the space there - just to the point that no black borders are seen - zoomed in sort of outcome.

Please let me know which way you want to go on this. But, hold on the PAL DV Widescreen YouTube settings I originally suggested, I want to revise them. I am going to ask a moderator to delete post 5 so that I can revise it. I cannot delete it myself.

To be continued

ATR

• 8. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
                        daniels26782589 Level 1

Thanks. No I realise  that I will get black borders and can live with that. My only concern here is overall quality and definition.

DAN SMITH

• 9. Re: UPLOADING TO YOU TUBE PROBLEM
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan Smith

Premiere Elements 10

Major features for the standard 4:3 file for upload to YouTube

1. progressive frame rate of 25 frames per second

2. pixel aspect ratio = Square Pixel....

3. 4:3 frame aspect ratio

See Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = VIMEO SD which which is 640 x 480 and change that frame rate from 30 to 25 under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset. Then upload that AVCHD.mp4 file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Please let us know how that turns out, and then we can decide if we need to fine tune the settings.

Thanks.

ATR