2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 7:19 PM by A.T. Romano

how do I compress a file in premiere elements 13?

curious georgie

I am trying to upload a project onto YouTube for a video contest. My file is 3GB and the max allowed is 2GB. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: how do I compress a file in premiere elements 13?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You select an appropriate setting (such as a Youtube preset) and then adjust the details of the settings... may take several tries before you get what you want

• 2. Re: how do I compress a file in premiere elements 13?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

curious georgie

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the duration of the Timeline that you want to upload to YouTube? As you know, your file size is exceeding the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature limit for file size (Premiere Elements 13/13.1, 2.2 GB). Is your Timeline duration greater than 15 minutes?

Upload videos longer than 15 minutes - YouTube Help

In order to give you a customize answer - please let us know also what your Premiere Elements project settings are - 1920 x 1080i30 or 1920 x 1080p30 or something else.

If you have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and had a 1080p30 project, then you would export a file to the computer hard drive

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30.

There is another MP4 preset there with YouTube in its name, but it offers a lesser default 1280 x 720.

You then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. But, you need to apply for an extended time account there and use it for your upload of the Premiere Elements created file.

Please review, consider, and supply more information for a customized reply.

Thank you.

ATR