8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 4:06 PM by Anayalator28

Importing Images

Anayalator28

I am working on a stop motion animation, and so far I have imported 900 images to the organizer in adobe premiere elements 13. When I try to open the album in the video editor and scroll down to the bottom image, my computer freezes so badly that I have to unplug the battery. Is my computer not good enough? Or is it not compatible with windows 10?

• 1. Re: Importing Images
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Anayalator28

All the compatibility matters for Premiere Elements on Windows 10 have not yet been defined, although some will report generally that Premiere Elements works on Windows 10.

Assuming that is the case, I suspect you are dealing with a computer resource issue. Let us explore that.

1. What are the pixel dimensions of your 900 images going into the Editor Timeline for Time Lapse video project?

2. What are your computer resources?

Please also check out

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Time Lapse Video Basics

and with regard to captures

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Please review, consider, and supply more information, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Importing Images
            Anayalator28 Level 1

The images are high quality DSLR images 6000x4000

• 3. Re: Importing Images
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Anayalator28

900 photos with the resolution of 6000 x 4000 pixels in your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 program is the problem. This should be the case whether you working with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 64 bit. Even with Premiere Elements as a 64 bit application on one of those computers, I do not believe that your computer would have enough resources to deal with that Premiere Elements Editor situation.

Consider cropping resizing these 6000 x 4000 3:2 to 1920 x 1080 16:9 or 3140 x 2160 16:9 depending on the destination for this project.

We can discuss burn to choices and export to file saved to the computer hard drive opportunities.

I would encourage you to batch crop resize these photos before import into a 16:9 Premiere Elements project.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Importing Images
                Anayalator28 Level 1

Sadly, my images have subjects that would be cropped out if I did 16x9... I guess I won't be able to do this animation.

• 5. Re: Importing Images
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Anayalator28

Please confirm what you intended export was going to be

DVD-VIDEO Standard 4:3 on DVD disc

DVD-VIDEO Widescreen 16:9 on DVD disc

or

AVCHD on DVD disc (16:9 product)

Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc (16:9 product)

ATR

• 6. Re: Importing Images
                    Anayalator28 Level 1

I am not doing DVD I am doing it for youtube

• 7. Re: Importing Images
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Anayalator28

The things working against you

1. Your photos for the Time Lapse are 6000 x 4000 (3:2) - grossly oversized for the project settings especially when you have 900 of them.

That alone could be traced to the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 freezes.

2. Video is 4:3 or 16:9 and you have 3:2 photos. If your end product viewing is going to be on YouTube, then consider that YouTube uses only a 16:9 player.

Recommended upload encoding settings (Advanced) - YouTube Help

For best results, I would suggest crop and resize the 900 photos to 1920 x 1080 and then importing them into Premiere Elements project in folder in sequence and then following the ideas in my Timelapse Basics blog referenced in another post. But, you say that cropping is unacceptable to you since you are cropping away people that need to be in the video.

3. Please explore the following to determine if you can use this to batch resize only your 900 photos and not get distorted images.

Photo Preparation....place all the photos in a folder and batch resize them to 1920 x 1080 16:9 using Photoshop Elements Editor File Menu/Process Multiple Files.

Then open Premiere Elements to its Expert workspace and go to File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset manually. Use the following route

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                      • In Change Settings, set the project preset to NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30@29.97. OK out of there.
                      • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                      • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media in folder using Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets, then to Timeline. When you drag that folder to the Timeline, the 900 photos will open in the folder order on the Timeline.

Please review the Timeline photos displaying in the Edit area monitor...are they distorted in any way or usable. If not, then it is the crop resizing way to salvage those photos for your project.

Please consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Importing Images
                        Anayalator28 Level 1

Okay thanks