5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2015 11:59 AM by A.T. Romano

is there no way to manually adjust a keyframe??

ericc2728

can someone tell me how to do this if there is even a way? i am trying to adjust volume in a clip but the only way i can do it is to drag a keyframe up and down in the timeline. i want to specify the exact decibel level by typing the number in the adjustments window but every time i type the number a new keyframe is created NOT adjusted. i've tried to double click the keyframe, drag the timeline marker to the keyframe, select the keyframe by dragging a box around it (when i do this it shows the keyframe turning black to indicate it is selected) but then when i type the number in the clip volume it still CREATES another keyframe; it doesn't ADJUST the one that is selected! i am really frustrated. any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: is there no way to manually adjust a keyframe??
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ericc

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Highlight the Timeline clip.

Go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments/Volume Panel expanded.

You should see

volumekeyframe 1.JPG

Look to the top right of the line with "Adjustments" header. See the icon "Show/hide keyframe controls" to get the following view

Volume Keyframe 2.JPG

Use click on the stopwatch icon "Toggle Animation" to initiate the keyframing process. See icon to far right on the line for Volume Panel header.

The view in the second screenshot shows one volume keyframe placed at 0.0 dB at the beginning of the Timeline audio clip.

If you need for me to go into deeper details, please let me know and I will.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...some of the details in the following may be of use

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Features

• 2. Re: is there no way to manually adjust a keyframe??
            ericc2728 Level 1

thanks for your quick response. i am using the adjustments window and manually typing in the number i want, however it keeps creating a new keyframe and not adjusting the selected keyframe

• 3. Re: is there no way to manually adjust a keyframe??
              A.T. Romano Level 7

eric c

The only way that you are going to generate an additional keyframe when you just want to adjust a previously generated one relations to you not having the Timeline Indicator (in keyframing area) exactly on the previous keyframe whose level you want to change.

From the video, it looks like you are just using the mouse cursor to spot the keyframe in which you are interested.

Instead, look to the group of controls to the right of the ____dB field. There should be a previous triangle, a button for manual keyframing, and a next triangle. Please use that to zero in on the keyframe that you want.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I deleted a sentence in the original of this post. It did not apply since you were using just the Volume Panel expanded.

• 4. Re: is there no way to manually adjust a keyframe??
                ericc2728 Level 1

thank you so much, i'm used to after effects where i can select keyframes by doubleclicking the keyframe or by using the timeline marker and hitting shift to snap to the key frame and making the adjustments, i never use the right and left triangles so i was getting frustrated when i couldn't do the same things in elements. now i know! thanks you have been an incredible help!

• 5. Re: is there no way to manually adjust a keyframe??
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ericc

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that you have worked through the keyframes adjustments to get the effects that you sought. Well done.

Keyframes can be controlled using Bezier extrapolation methods - see right click of the keyframe. If more information needed on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR