• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Photoshop CS6 with Yosemite

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see several questions about this but they all mention an error message. I don't even get that! I get a totally black screen saying "Installation completed" with nothing else on the page. There is no Photoshop CS6 folder in my applications–nada! I tried two hours last night and one hour this morning and was finally reduced to tears when I realized don't have any old tricks to get around this. What really pisses me off is that I just paid $700 for this software and it doesn't even entitle me to TALK to a tech support person. Obviously I'm small potatoes. They don't even create an upgrade and there have to be many more people than me who just want to use Photoshop with the latest Mac OS.  Adobe can't even put out an updated "Instructions for Downloading". How cruel is that? I've been using Photoshop since Photoshop 3.0, and I may be old, but I'm not an effing idiot!

If anybody out there would help me I would be eternally grateful.

Victoria

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try cleaning your computer per Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

and then installing.

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: kglad

I used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Somehow it turns out that I still have CS3 on my computer even though I thought I had uninstalled it. Now there is no longer an installer in the Adobe Installers Folder. The uninstall function was on the installer. I’m really having a major meltdown now. I have my original Photoshop CS3 disk, but I wouldn’t know how to isolate the installer off of that to put it into the Installers Folder.

I found a question from last year where someone with a business and several computers had the same problem–needing to uninstall CS3 but having no installer. The question was marked “still unanswered” and the one respondent had suggested he back up his files and then wipe his disk clean and start over. Please tell me there is some alternative to that! Is there absolutely no way to do a manual uninstall?

Thank you for your help,

Victoria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure this will solve your cs6 problem, but to uninstall ps cs3:

1. reinstall ps cs3.  that will restore your uninstaller.

2. uninstall ps cs3 using the uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad,

That was my first instinct, but my computer was acting so strangely that I chickened out. Now I have done that and CS3 is supposedly all gone, except that spotlight  doesn't know that. Anyway, CS6 has now installed and I'm about to find out how well it is working.

I appreciate your help very much. Have a great day!

V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines