1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 10:28 PM by Alex_Friedman

Upgrading from Aperture to Lightroom - missing images

elizabethg30052081

Hello!

I'm looking for a replacement for Aperture and have heard great things about Lightroom.  I have 130GB of photos in Aperture.  They are split between my pre-Aperture photos which are all stored as .jpgs and referenced by Aperture and photos that I added after I started using Aperture.  The second group are all in the massive Aperture library file.  From within Aperture, I access both types of files the same way with seemingly no difference.  In fact, I'd forgotten the difference until this upgrade.

I used the plugin to migrate my photos and everything within the Aperture library migrated without issue.  However, the reference files all had an error: 

Failed to import /Aperture Library/<folder name>/<file name>.JPG. (Possible reasons include asset offline or unsupported asset type.)

There were available (stored in the same location as the Aperture library and from everything I read, .JPG is a supported file type!  :-)

Any thoughts?  Should I just try again?  Would I need to start over (delete what was already imported) or can I try for an incremental update?

I've tried to find answers on both the Adobe and Mac forums, but no luck. Any insight is much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Upgrading from Aperture to Lightroom - missing images
          Alex_Friedman

This just happened to me, too.  I decided to split the aperture library into years, and import them one by one.  2015, a partial year, worked well, but 2014 was a disaster.  Many files were omitted. 

The log (in Documents, on my Mac) includes about 1200 entries such as

Failed to import /Users/friedman/Desktop/ApLib2014albums.aplibrary/Masters/2014/07/25/20140725-205903/2014 0702_085734-X20.jpg. (Possible reasons include asset offline or unsupported asset type.)