• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to update Bridge CC 2015 I get a failure message saying that another instance of the installer is running.

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no second instance of the installer running that I can see. I have done a reboot then tried to update the software again but with the same message. I then tried to uninstall Bridge CC but that failed saying that there was another instance of the unintaller running.

Bridge itself seems to run fine, I just can't update it. The version on my PC is 6.1.0.116 x64.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. Wokrstation is already running and is set to Aumatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to run the CC cleaner tool to uninstall the application.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried that but did it again anyway.As I said in my original message I get the same error message and Bridge remains. To be clear Bride will not update, uninstall or re-install. The error message is exactly the same for all three cases i.e. another installer is currrently running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear; I did not actaully run the CC Cleaner tool because Bridge will not un-install and the instructions said to do that first.

Do you want me to run CC cleaner without removing Bridge first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to check in the task manager if there are any Adobe services running?

If there are, please end them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe tasks are running. There are however a number of background processes running:

- AAM updateer notifyer

- Creative Cloud

- Adobe IPC Broker

- Adobe CEF Helper

-Adobe desktop services

- core sync

- cc library

- node

- conhost

That's all. If I then run the bridge updater and watch the processes the Adobe Installer will launch and under that Adobe Application Manager (updater).exe

When the update fails the Application Manager closes and the Adobe installer stays open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to kill the background processes and then try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did but some of them simply load up again.

I did find something strange though. I want to uninstall Photoshop CC 2014 and save space so I tried uninstalling that The uninstall failed but this time the is a link to an error message. The message says:

Exit Code: 36

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW069 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

ERROR: DW069: Another MSI installation is already in progress.

Please complete that installation before running this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this it looks like the installer is an MSI installer. My motherboard is from MSI. I haven't done any NSI updates for a long time but something appears to have triggered on that failed. Perhaps something to do with the Windows 10 upgrade because this all started the day after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention that I do appreciate all your help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried setting Windows services like Windows Installer , WIndows Module Installer  start type as "  Manual" ?

Also before you start update process . launch Task Manager and check for processes like Windows Install . MsiExec , setup , if present end it and try to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the Windows installer and Windows Module Installer were set at "manual". Neither the processes you mention were running. The update failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
  • Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator.

or302x115ximage6.png.pagespeed.ic.TIqGdF87GM.jpg

cmdwin8.png

• In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /SCANNOW and press Enter.
  • When the system scan completes, type msiexec /unreg in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
  • Type msiexec /regserver in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.

Then try to update .

Still same ??

You may try to update from Safeboot mode once.

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although sfc found some corrupted files and fixed them that did not solve the problem. I also followed the steps on unregistering then registering msiexec.

Have also run into another program (non-Adobe) that won't update. No info on that but I assume this is related.

I'll try safeboot next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safe mode worked. Yea!

Now I still need to track down the initial problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dwight I really appreciate all your time and patience.

Please see http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll comb through these logs and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

If none of those 2 steps works , try creating new Administrator account and try to update and check,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New admin account didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Dwight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I combed through the logs and could find no references to ERROR or FATAL.

The only thing I noticed was a reference to a native installer already opened. There was nothing at the end of the log to indicate some form of failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might some installer related process running in the background.

Did you created an new Admin account and check for confirmation purpose? were you getting same error ?

Also let me know , if the computer has multiple user accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgov he has already mentioned in his reply above that the new admin account din work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I just needed to confirm ,  whether the error code is exactly Exit Code: 36 on another account .

Also I needed to confirm , if the computer is logged in with multiple user account like Windows  Switch User option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines