4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 1:33 PM by PajoJajo

Problems with the mouth when i turn 3/4 or side

rodu1113402

Hi Guys i almost finish my puppet but i have an issue. In front works perfect when i talk but when i turn 3/4 or side the puppet only shows the first layer of the mouth, i talk but nothing happen, im pretty sure the solution is really simple. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Problems with the mouth when i turn 3/4 or side
          CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

Multi-view puppets need a pair of Face and Lip Sync behaviors applied to each view's subpuppet, instead of at the top level of the puppet (where they default to), to get mouth/visemes to work in all the views. You can remove the top-level pair and select the views to apply the pair in the Puppet panel. The top level behaviors are shown in the puppet panel when you deselect all.

We're considering having this happen automatically when more than one "Head" layer is found, or perhaps specially-named views.

See also this thread: Re: The mouth movements don't work when wendigo turns his head sideways or 3/4, is this normal?

• 2. Re: Problems with the mouth when i turn 3/4 or side
            PajoJajo

Hey Dave,

Could You provide step by step info on how to do it ?

• 3. Re: Problems with the mouth when i turn 3/4 or side
              CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

1. double-click on the puppet in the project panel to open it in the puppet panel

2. select no layers, or click on the very top row of the layers list (above "Name") -- this then shows in the properties panel the top-level behaviors applied to the puppet

3. in the properties panel, click the "hamburger" menu for Face and Lip Sync and choose Remove Behavior

4. select all the layer groups in the puppet panel that have separate mouths and facial features -- these groups are likely all at the same level (e.g. Front, Left Quarter, Right Profile, etc.)

5. using the "+" menu in the properties panel, add both Face and Lip Sync to the selected groups

Note 1: you can skip steps 2 & 3 if you want to leave the top-level behaviors applied. If you do this, when doing step 4, _don't_ select the top group layer (often "Front") -- the top-level behaviors will find and control this group. The reason you might want to do this is if the Head handle is not within the groups. By leaving the top-level Face behavior applied, it will control that handle.

Note 2: this will all be unnecessary in Preview 4 -- the top-level Face & Lip Sync behaviors will control nested groups all at the same time.

• 4. Re: Problems with the mouth when i turn 3/4 or side
                PajoJajo Level 1

Hello Dave,

Thank You so much for your quick help.

It works like a charm !!!

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:31 AM, CoSA_DaveS <forums_noreply@adobe.com>