• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

last time i updated from adobe my computer was hi-jacked it changed my browser the works anybody else

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last time i updated from adobe my computer was hi-jacked it changed my browser and downloaded like 20 programs the works anybody else ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ronc5347634,

Please let me know adobe reader version that you tried to update?

Make sure that you download the updates from the Adobe website.

*Do not click on any advertisements or suspicious links.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it was in my updates adobe flash update I have flash 18 active X now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ronc5347634,

Flash Player installers do not install malware and certainly do not change/hi-jack the browser.  It seems you may have downloaded the installer from a malicious site.  We do actively go after these malicious actors.  If you have the URL where you downloaded the installer file from please send it to me via private message and I'll forward it to the appropriate folks to follow-up on .

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish I did have it I had to stop it running two programs and remove it I did not save anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ronc5347634,

No worries.  If you do come across it, or something similar again, please do private message me the URL.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines