4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 4:32 AM by dj_paige

LR 5.7 will not synchronize all contents of folder.

lancem23241774

LR 5.7 does not synchronize all the pictures in the target folder. No duplicates noted.

• 1. Re: LR 5.7 will not synchronize all contents of folder.
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

How do you know that? Are some of the images PSD files? If they are and they were not saved with Max Compatibility LR can't/won't import them.

In the Folder area click the folder and check the images. Also in that same folder area there should be a count of the number of images. Is that less then the number of images actually in that folder when looked at with a file manager?

• 2. Re: LR 5.7 will not synchronize all contents of folder.
            lancem23241774 Level 1

the files are either JPG or CR2(RAW), and the number of files don't match. If I change the missing files to tif in CS5 then synchronize the folder all the pictures appear in LR.

• 3. Re: LR 5.7 will not synchronize all contents of folder.
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Then these files are from a NEW camera? If they are then your older, yes older as in Not New or Newest, version of LR can't read the RAW CR2 file from that camera. You'll need to either convert them to DNG using the Free Adobe DNG converter program or upgrade LR to the newest version. Upgrade means you'll have to either buy the stand alone LR 6 or do the Photographers subscription plan to get LR CC and Photoshop.

• 4. Re: LR 5.7 will not synchronize all contents of folder.
                dj_paige Level 9

lancem23241774 wrote:

the files are either JPG or CR2(RAW), and the number of files don't match. If I change the missing files to tif in CS5 then synchronize the folder all the pictures appear in LR.

The problem that causes this is that some of these photos in this folder have previously been imported into Lightroom, and so will not be imported via the Lightroom synchronize command. You need to find these photos in the Lightroom Library Module, following these four steps:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, go to the catalog section on the right and click on All Photographs
                2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L or Cmd-L once or twice)
                3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
                4. Search for one of these files by file name