• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does changing to Windows 10 require deauthorization?

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Windows 7 to a Windows 10. When I was using iTunes, to my great surprise, the program now recognizes my Windows 7 as different computer than my Windows 10 despite the fact that they are the same computer. I hadn't anticipated this so didn't make the necessary deauthorizations before I upgraded.

As such, I was just wondering if this issue would arise in my Creative Cloud and single app of Photoshop? Would I need to contact support to deauthorize my Photoshop in my Windows 7 so I can reauthorize it again in Windows 10? Just a reminder that I had not actually gotten a new computer. It's the same one, just with the different OS of Windows 10.

(PS: I know that I am allowed 2 authorizations for my Photoshop, but I have plans to get a new Mac eventually and don't want to use up 2 authorizations now on one computer)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Right now out of the two activation count that you are prescribed only one activation has been used up.

The activation count is for the complete CC & not per app being used, you can use the app as many times as you wish.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one activation count left, the changing of OS will ask you to authorize as it will counted as an activation. You can deactivate the CC from windows 7 & reactivate it on windows 10.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/926511

Let me know if it helped.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Rajshree! Oops sorry I did some research and realise I shouldn't have use "deauthorize" because I am creative cloud. It's actually "sign out". I hadn't signed out of my Photoshop before I upgraded to Windows10. When I reopened Photoshop there wasn't any prompts to asking me to sign in to my Photoshop on my new OS. On the Help menu I notice I am still signed in on my original account.

Does that mean I should still try to contact the help desk to help me sign out of my Photoshop in my original OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I wanted to ask, is it possible for us to view how many computers we currently have activated under one app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now out of the two activation count that you are prescribed only one activation has been used up.

The activation count is for the complete CC & not per app being used, you can use the app as many times as you wish.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG YAY! Thank you so much Rajshree it's a total weight of my mind. Thank you 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, please feel free to contact us in future.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines