34 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2015 6:09 PM by A.T. Romano

PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'

Duke Green

Trying to burn BluRay, while 'encoding media' it gets from 5% to 9% done (4 tries) and Windows gives a popup saying the 'program has stopped working. We'll notify you if we find out why' or something to that effect. I've burned many BRs before, then my computer was idle for a few months. I made a new project, 30 mins long, tried BR twice, no good, then successfully made a DVD, the BR twice more, no luck.

I have disabled my second monitor, deleted a couple of titles that seemed to rattle PE, have not made any headway.

Any ideas? Thank you

• 1. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for All Adobe programs] will sometimes fix "odd" errors

• 2. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
            Duke Green Level 1

Thank you. I will give it a try.

• 3. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
              Duke Green Level 1

John T Smith, no luck with that either. I had installed an additional large hard drive, no files or program info is using it for this project. I disconnected it, re-seated the memory, re-seated the drive connectors (during one try at burning DVD this evening, PE suddenly couldn't find the burner, a re-boot fixed that), tried both a normal start and Run as Administrator. Along with re-boots between.

There has never before been the tiniest glitch with editing or burning. Don't get me wrong, I've done plenty the wrong way, but the hardware and program never cost me any hair. I'm still wondering what is different between now and then.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Duke

• 4. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                Duke Green Level 1

A little more info here. Windows event logger has this:

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\mc_enc_avc.dll

Possibly a corrupted file? Is it possible to simply re-copy the .dll?

Thanks

Duke

• 5. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 11 project?

When you are in the burn dialog (disc in the burner tray and just about to hit Burn), what are the values in the burn dialog's Quality area for Space Required and Bitrate? Do you have a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space? What is the label reading for disc capacity 25 or 50 GB?

You say that you have had success with the burn to DVD disc, but not the burn to Blu-ray disc....did you do the two different types of burn to from the same project and the same Timeline content in that project?

1. If you are using a BD-R or BD-RE 25 GB and your estimated file size is under 23 GB, do not have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space".

2. Do you have any menus in the project? If so, how many Timeline markers, what kind of Timeline markers? What specific Movie Menu are you using if you are using one for the burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

3. Please describe your computer resources? Where is your Encoded Files Folder located and how much free hard drive space is there. Please see

Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Disc Encoding category.

4. Do you have any photos in the Timeline that are grossly oversized for the project settings? If so, what pixel dimensions and how many?

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next. I would leave the .dll aspects of this on hold for the moment.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                    Duke Green Level 1

Many thanks for the suggestions, ATR. My answers are in italics below. I'm still having the same result.

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 11 project?

Win 8.1 Pro, frequently updated. 16 GB RAM. i7-3770K 3.5GHz 64 bit

When you are in the burn dialog (disc in the burner tray and just about to hit Burn), what are the values in the burn dialog's Quality area for Space Required and Bitrate? Do you have a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space? What is the label reading for disc capacity 25 or 50 GB?

Space req'd 5.42 GB, 20.19 Mbps; have always run w/ box checked before, tried it unchecked now twice, made it to 11% and 8% respectively, still failed; disc is 25GB

You say that you have had success with the burn to DVD disc, but not the burn to Blu-ray disc....did you do the two different types of burn to from the same project and the same Timeline content in that project?

Yes, only difference was the output disc

1. If you are using a BD-R or BD-RE 25 GB and your estimated file size is under 23 GB, do not have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space".

See above, tried this twice w/ same result

2. Do you have any menus in the project? If so, how many Timeline markers, what kind of Timeline markers? What specific Movie Menu are you using if you are using one for the burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Yes, six timeline markers (all Scene Markers); it is the General/Aquarium available from the list;

3. Please describe your computer resources? Where is your Encoded Files Folder located and how much free hard drive space is there. Please see

Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Disc Encoding category.

16 GB RAM. i7-3770K 3.5GHz 64 bit, work drive (C:) 1 TB, 500 GB free space, 4 TB secondary drive (not involved in project or program), 4 TB USB drive (not involved), 2 TB USB drive, source for original files (not used once clips are added to project);

Encoded Files = Same As Project 497GB free;

Disc Encoding = Same As Project 497 GB free;

4. Do you have any photos in the Timeline that are grossly oversized for the project settings? If so, what pixel dimensions and how many?

Photos = none;

I've Run as Administrator on and off trying different things. Compatibility mode acted the same.

One thing I tried: one of my Menu Items was a motion icon (part of the video). I made it a frame instead. That is the only project departure from normal that I can think of. Same result at 4% encoded this time.

I tried setting to H.264 1440X1080i NTSC Dolby (normally I use 1920X1080i). Stopped working at 8%. This time Windows reports the offending module as ImageRenderer.dll. All times before were the mc_enc_avc.dll.

Thanks again

Duke

• 7. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Thanks for the follow up and exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Hope you have BD-RE discs for the troubleshooting....

Please try the burn to Blu-ray without the menus and Timeline markers.

At this time, it is just the Timeline content of this one project file that will not burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Can you get a successful burn to disc in a new project with a different Timeline content?

Still thinking about this.

ATR

• 8. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                        Duke Green Level 1

ATR

Rather than remove anything from my present project, I opened one I did a few months ago. I never burned that one, simply posted to web. It did not have any menus or markers. It, too, crashed at 12%. According to Windows Event Logger, the faulty module was again mc_enc_avc.dll. I have moved all my previous projects to a storage drive to give ample space on C:. Did this by copying the folders over, outside of PE.  I keep the projects in another subdirectory on C:root, separate from the program. Is it possible in moving those distant subdirs over I tripped a wire?

I checked the .dll's in the Programs/Adobe subdir. They all have the same date stamp as the install date (File Explorer). It doesn't appear anything was changed, like sinister hackers substituting a bad file to mess w/ video editors. (I hear that happens a lot).

I burned a few more DVDs successfully. (I have some non-BR friends wanting copies). Thinking I may have blown the carbon out of the system, I tried another BR, crashed at 10%.

Obviously, something has changed in my setup during the long shutdown. Funny, a game I play sometimes used to crash regularly (...stopped working, we'll let you know...). Since I brought the system back up, I've played it 3 times with no issues at all. Would gladly trade the game for a stable PE, today at least.

I think my likely course of action will be to upgrade to PE13. I have had PE11 for a couple of years now, served me well. The upgrade price is quite reasonable and the 30 day trial would allow me to be sure it works.

I like a good mystery as much as anyone, I can see you do, too. But do you think enough is enough? If this hasn't happened before, is it worth pursuing?

I'm going to try a defrag, then go again before I upgrade.

I'll be glad to try anything. I'll let everyone know how it comes out.

Thanks for all the help.

Duke

• 9. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Thanks for the follow up.

We will watch for further developments as your time and interests permit.

Just in case messages, please look at the free 30 days tryout of 13 from Adobe before the purchase to assure the compatibility of 13/13.1 with your computer environment and project goals.

But, if you purchase from Adobe as download, you have the possibility of return/refund within 30 days of purchase. You could look at it as a troubleshooting tool...if it works on your computer whereas 11 does not, then we point to 11; if it does work, we could point to the computer and other factors.

If you purchase elsewhere, you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                            Duke Green Level 1

ATR

I need to move on to some other things today. I successfully output to a disk file of the same resolution (1920X1080), no hiccups.

I'll keep you posted on progress. Thanks for the purchase hints. I don't mind upgrading.

This board is one of the best things PE has going for it, not just this instance. You guys have answered questions for me before, you do a great job helping a lot of people. I do appreciate it!

Thanks again

Duke

• 11. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                              Duke Green Level 1

ATR

I have installed PE13. I simply opened the same PE11 project file, which it did alright, some conversion was involved. I had to re-create the Main Menu, no prob. I saved it under PE13, It appears I can go back to PE11 and use the original.

Tried to burn a BR, same result "has stopped working. We'll let you know..." at 4% compilation. The same mc_enc_avc.dll file is the culprit, according to Windows. Here is a screenshot of what Windows calls it.

Screenshot.jpg

A DVD burned ok, with the added benefit of a black stripe across the screen announcing it was created with a trial version. They said there would be a watermark, this is more like an underwear skid mark. Strike one, Adobe.

Back to the problem at hand... what would cross 2 versions and still cause this problem. The trouble happens during compilation, the disk is never accessed (before the process, it ascertains the media in the drive). Again, I am amazed this has never happened before. I assume the same 'compiler' would create both the 1920X1080 disc version and the 1920X1080 hard drive version. Same resolution.

Well, I sure would like to move ahead. I'll keep working on it. While I'm composing this post, I've updated QuickTime and am downloading a graphics card driver, although Device Manager tells me I have the best one. I've also gone back to PE11 and tried (post QT update), no joy.

Thanks

Duke

• 12. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                Duke Green Level 1

I've updated video driver (seemed to help a bit, now up to 21% in PE11 and 33% in PE13, racing stripe version). I don't think I have anything else to update.

May have a bit more info, though. There is an almost instantaneous second error log in the Windows Error Logger after the mc_enc_avc.dll error message. It is pasted below:

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Adobe Premiere Elements 13 because of this error.

Program: Adobe Premiere Elements 13

File:

This suggests that maybe the offending .dll is looking for a file that isn't there. According to this message, it doesn't know what the file is, but bails anyway. I have looked thru all of the files that I moved from the C: drive to the 4 TB data drive, none of them are outside of the video project. All those files I can see were a result of the editing, date stamps on all correspond to the time of the project.

Since this apparently affects both versions of PE, are there other sources of troubleshooting info I could tap?

Thanks

Duke

• 13. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                  Duke Green Level 1

Have tried a few more removals/disables. Still having the Windows message showing up. Program is dead, click close and start over. Both PE11 and PE13. Offending module is mc_enc_avc.dll. Drivers up to date, non-essential hardware removed.

Since PE is unable to make a BluRay, I've seen references to making a DVD file on hard drive which can subsequently be burned to a disc. Is there such a method for BluRay?

Thanks

Duke

• 14. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                    Duke Green Level 1

I've attached a screenshot, for clarity.

Screenshot1.jpg

• 15. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke Green

Apologizes for not getting back to your thread sooner.

Let me start with your post 13.

It is not until you get to Premiere Elements 13/13.1 that you get burn to Blu-ray with anything other than burn to Blu-ray disc. But the added choice of burn to Blu-ray ISO Image in 13/13.1 comes with mixed offerings...if the .iso file produced by the process is over about 1 GB, when the .iso is taken to Blu-ray disc, the player does not recognize the format on that disc.

I have something for you to try in either Premiere Elements 11 or 13/13.1.

1. Use Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD and do a burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder 8.5 GB).

2. Take the BDMV Folder from the saved burn to Folder process to Blu-ray disc with the free ImgBurn program.

Burn AVCHD with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

3. Determine if that will play back on your Blu-ray player and if you find the quality acceptable.

Note: AVCHD burn to folder (BDMV) does not come with a CERTIFICATE Folder as seen on the burn to Blu-ray disc from Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray.

But ImgBurn can produce a CERTIFICATE Folder for you if you need. See its settings:

Tools Menu/Settings/Build/Page 2 options.

For 11, you might find Phantom Burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements 11 an interesting approach to producing an .iso image to bring into ImgBurn.

The tryout let you generate no more than 1.5 GB for the BD-RE. Otherwise you end up needing to purchase the product. I have never used the purchased product, only the tryout.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Disc Image/Phantom Burner & PE

I need now to catch up with your other replies.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 16. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke Green

I am working my way through all the troubleshooting data that you have posted, and I could not find any information about your Timeline content until your screenshot in your last post, post numbered 14.

I see the title template Aquarium_Title. What have you done to this file except the fades, anything else?

Are all your source media .avi files or only that one in the screenshot, right after the Aquarium_Title file? What are the properties of that or other .avi files in your project? Video compression is particularly important as well as frame size and all the rest. What did you or the project set as the project preset for this project to match the properties of the source media? May seem irrelevant but since your error goes to "encoding media", best we ask.

To be continued....

ATR

• 17. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                          Duke Green Level 1

No apologies necessary, ATR. I appreciate the time you've spent.

I will give the alternate burn methods a try.

As to the latest post, I don't believe there is anything but the fades in the title clip. I monkeyed w/ the text format, I think. I'm not presently at that machine, I'll verify this evening.

All video clips are .avi, generated from GoPro .mp4s using their software. Resolution is 1080. There are a few more text overlays, again from the Aquarium movie menu.

All of my previous projects (about 10 of them) used the same format and methods. I don't recall any major issues w/ any of them.

I recall one thing while editing this one. As an afterthought, I added a text overlay on a clip (clip on Vidtrack 1, overlay on Vidtrack 2). PE seemed to balk at that, I got a 'not responding' from Windows, it came back after a few seconds. It did it again when I rendered, so I saved and re-booted. There didn't seem to be any problems afterward. It was surprising, PE always acted very stable, I never had to hold my breath hoping something would go thru.

I will have to check the project presets when I get back, I didn't change them prior to starting this project, but that doesn't mean they haven't changed.

My next move will be to start another project, do a quick and dirty finish and try a burn. I will be sure to check the presets and watch for any square pegs in round holes.

Thanks for all your help, ATR. I will keep you posted on progress.

Duke

• 18. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Thanks for the replies.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Just thinking about items....

From you description, I am guessing that the video compression of the GoPro footage is Cineform to give you a Premiere Elements Timeline Cineform.avi.

In any of your workflows, have you had any problems importing the whole Cineform.avi clip if you are using Cineform.avi? Can you get AVCHD.mp4 from the GoPro and take that directly into Premiere Elements?

ATR

• 19. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                              Duke Green Level 1

They call it GoPro Studio now, I'm using version 2.5 it appears (no version in Help.About). Settings are 1920X1080 High Quality. I've always used these. The only options for file output are .avi and .mov. During a 'filming' I typically turn on the camera and let it run, pointing it at what I want to see. Generally, I get an hour long video, chopped up into 17 minute 25 second MP4s (apparently all the file system can digest at once). I then download the SDMicros on to a portable disk then edit after the trip. A trip usually generates 200 GB of data.

During edits, I use GoPro Studio to view the trip, one MP4 at a time, carving out 10 second to 2 minute segments to turn into .avi files. GoPro does some things if instructed, such as invert or remove fisheye. I don't mess with color, resolution, or anything like that in Studio, although I don't believe it would matter. It puts out an .avi.

I place the avi files into a separate directory on the C: drive, same drive as PE, making sure there is plenty (500 GB+) of room to breathe. Once these avi files (clips) are generated, GoPro Studio is finished. I don't join clips or adjust them in any way. No steps between .avi creation and insertion into PE. I always do a re-boot and start with PE, placing clips from the subdirectory onto the PE timeline, cutting them either in the preview window (cut in and cut out) or using the scissor tool directly on the timeline. I try to get the timeline finished, then add transitions, then any narration or music, then scene markers. Titles are done when PE asks for them (Publish+Share, 'your movie has no menus...') before burning a disk. I then take some time to place them and re-run the 'preview disk' until it's what I want. Then I go to burn.

Not to change the subject (I'm about to try the things you suggested in previous posts), but I did a little looking at the .dll that keeps showing up. Google results say that viruses have appeared in that file. Seems to be a snooping virus. Funny, there are numerous websites offering 'fixes' for this problem. I always have virus software running, but I'm going to have it specifically check PE before I do anything else. But PE 13 did the same thing not 30 minutes after the initial install. I turn off the network connection during editing.

Anyway, I'll let you know. Thanks

Duke

• 20. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                Duke Green Level 1

I did a virus scan of the PE files, none found. However, when I try to download ImgBurn, my virus software flags a Screenshot2.jpg

virus. I tried this on a few of the mirror sites, all have similar warnings when trying to download the file. I choose protect me, which apparently aborts the download or removes the file just downloaded.

I probably won't be using ImgBurn.

I will try to burn the AVCHD to a folder. There may be other image burning programs. Then I will probably try to start another project and run thru to a burn.

Ain't lookin good for the home team, eh?

Duke

• 21. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Sorry for the ImgBurn issues. MediaInfo is also like that. It was not always like that. So, I have not updated these programs on my computer. Both work fine even if they are not the latest version. John T. Smith has posted what he believes is a safe way to download and install ImgBurn. I will see if I can find his post on that. If not, I will probably send him an email to point him to your thread.

To be continued...

ATR

• 22. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                    Duke Green Level 1

ATR

I checked Project Settings, they match what I was working on.

Tried to burn AVCHD to a folder, it crashed at 17% in the same way. Windows error log shows the same .dll as the fault.

I opened an archived project that I did some BluRay burns on a year ago. Re-render and try to burn, crashed at 12%.

Opened the one I'm working on now, burn crashed at 12%.

Disabled virus protection, open the one I'm working on now, try to burn, crashed at 14%.

I did a little investigating. I installed PE11 to a folder and kept it clean, i.e. did not copy anything else to it, instead used folders cont connected to Program Files. All files have essentially the same time/date stamp as the install date except one: StoragePConfig.dcf. It has 8-1-15, which was the first date I tried to burn a BluRay.

What if I uninstalled PE11 and re-installed? I downloaded the program, maybe I can find the serial number that was assigned so I can unprotect it, would that work? Will I be able to point to the saved projects and open them again?

This just in, Windows 10 has just informed me my upgrade is ready. I think I will install it in hopes it might fix the glitch.

Thanks

Duke

• 23. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Within the last 2 days I installed Windows 10 from the MediaCreationTool that I got online. My reserved Windows 10 has to date has not arrived.

Please check out my experiences with what I did. Originally I was going to go for having the existing operating system remain and use Windows 10 virtually (Oracle Virtual Box). But, then I decided to go with the replacement instead. With this arrangement I can go back to the original operating system within 1 month of Windows 10 installation.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Premiere Elements On Windows 10 Daily Discoveries

I suspect the problems that you had with Premiere Elements on the existing operating system will be the same on Windows 10. I have no evidence so far to believe otherwise.

We will be watching for your progress.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 24. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

If you have installed Premiere Elements 11, I would expect that its serial number should be found at Adobe web site under "My Products". You can access that by signing in there with your Adobe ID and password, entering My Products in the Search field, and following My Products until you get to your product Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Clicking on it should reveal its serial number.

If you purchased as download from Adobe, you should be able to get new installation files from "My Orders" at the Adobe web site or from

Adobe Other Downloads

Other downloads

I would encourage

uninstall the usual way

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

I would try to get the troubleshooting done successfully in the existing computer operating system.

ATR

• 25. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                          Duke Green Level 1

ATR

I went ahead with Win10 install (my reserved copy arrived) before your latest posts. I figured I was due a success, but if so, it has not yet arrived. Win10 was in the middle of its install as I read your posts on another machine. In retrospect..... well, you know.

Anyway, I finally had to turn in, I left the Win10 install in its second restart. The hard drive light blinks once every 15 to 20 seconds, monitor blank, no signal. It is in the same state this morning. Having other demands on my time, I will probably not be able to look at it again until Friday night. At that time, PE will likely be lower on the list of things to troubleshoot.

I wonder if I could get an IBM AT on eBay? I do still have the floppies for DOS 3.3. Now THAT was a stable platform.

ATR, thanks for all your attention and sage advice. I have no doubt we'll get to the bottom of the problem. I considered dropping the camera habit, but that doesn't excite me, at least today. It may be a few days, but I'll either be calling for help or letting you know it works.

Thanks again

Duke

• 26. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I use Imgburn and have had zero problems with the program, so I have no idea why it would be flagged as a virus

It's been awhile since I downloaded, but http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons

• 27. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Do not give up. Retreat temporarily if necessary, but then advance refreshed.

You can do this from the point of view of Windows 10 and Premiere Elements. But, try to avoid getting stuck with the task of troubleshooting Windows 10 install and pre-existing Premiere Elements problems at the same time.

Best wishes

ATR

• 28. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                Duke Green Level 1

John T

I saw some references as to Adware, as well as a mention on how to install without the browser, ads, etc., so the term virus I used might be a bit harsh. I'll probably give it a go when I get back up.

Thanks

Duke

• 29. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                  Duke Green Level 1

ATR

That's my intention. First is to get the operating system back up and running, then back to the program battle.

Can anyone point me to a forum, as good as this one, for fighting Windows back to life? I have tried nothing yet, there's a miniscule chance it will be at a logon screen when I get back to it, but I would bet against it.

Thank you folks. Ah'll be bak

Duke

• 30. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                    Duke Green Level 1

ATR

I don't intend to turn this into a Win 10 discussion. As far as the upgrade goes, it went ok. Apparently what I consider my primary monitor is not what a driver-less NVidia card considers it to be. The one that was powered off was doing all the video, which of course, I did not see. I've upgraded a few items, suspect there are several more to do.

I have a more pressing question to pose, but as to PE, I opened the program, loaded the project and tried a burn. It got to 53% then bailed on the same module. See screenshots below.EventViewer1.jpgEventViewer2.jpg

I hope these are legible, but it appears the first dll is looking for a file that isn't there.

Back to the pressing question, I checked the driver details on my Blu-ray burner, the date shows 2006. I don't believe they were made back then. I've tried to find an updated driver, but can't. It is a Lite-On IT iHBS312. On the LiteOn website, there is a firmware update app, which I hesitantly tried. It did a drive update (PL15 to PL17), but did not provide a new driver. Can anyone point to one? I see a lot of them are advertised, but they all appear to be apps that look for everything.

I won't give up soon, ATR. Win10 is probably just fine, I'm encouraged by the progress, but I suspect I won't be able to burn a Blu-ray without a current driver anyway.

Thanks

Duke

• 31. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                      Duke Green Level 1

Long story short... success.

PE11 and PE13 would not play in preview. Updated video drivers, restart, updated audio drivers, restart, updated blah blah, restart, ad infinitum... Finally got video to play in preview. Tried a burn and crashed at 5%. I restarted, then un-installed PE11, deactivated product, removed use preferences but did not remove downloaded content. Restart. Ran CCleaner sparingly, quite a few files I did not let it touch. Restart.

Installed PE11 from previously downloaded files, entered serial number from Adobe.com (thank you, ATR) and installed the licensed version. restart. I opened and re-rendered the project, played it through, then did a burn. Made it all the way thru. Played the resultant disk on a separate player, worked fine. Made another Blu-ray disk without issue.

Apparently, uninstall and reinstall is the answer. Although I will make the next few disks while holding my breath, I seem to be out of the woods at this point.

Thanks to all for the patient guidance. I will try to make a disk with PE13, then upgrade if successful. I have another project to start on.

Duke

• 32. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

"...success." Great news to see. Congratulations on your stick-to-it-tiveness to gain that success. Well done.

Just to make sure I am in sync with these latest developments, you have not upgraded your current operating system to Windows 10 yet....right?

Best wishes for great video taking opportunities and video presentations.

ATR

• 33. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                          Duke Green Level 1

ATR

I did do the upgrade to Win10 before fixing PE11. I was fretting over PE11 finding my project after re-install, so opted to do the Win10 upgrade instead of uninstall/reinstall PE11. I did, however, fix one problem (drivers w/ Win10) before moving to PE11.

The process was: letting Win10 upgrade, checking multiple drivers multiple times, updating them as far as I could, trying PE11 and failing, tweaking more drivers, trying PE11 and failing. Finally, uninstalled PE11 and reinstalled, keeping downloaded content, deactivating product and removing user preferences. No hiccups afterwards. I suppose something in the user preferences caused the problems.

Haven't tried PE13 yet, but will give it a go. I wish there was a smoking gun somewhere, but I guess not. I'll let everyone know how the PE13 trial went.

Thanks again

Duke

• 34. Re: PE-11. Windows popup box 'Program has stopped working.'
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Duke

Thanks for the update. Sounding very good.

If you ever suspect the preferences, consider the deletion the Premiere Elements 11 setting file (preferences) using

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

11.0

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Sometimes, if that does not work, then you delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. But, remember to work with Folder Option Show Hidden Folders, Files, or Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

But, right now, you do not need that. So, a just in case addition to the thread.

We will continue watch for further developments as your time permits.

Thanks.

ATR