5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 7:46 AM by MobileDeveloperCK

how to manually save a document to the cloud [iOS]

reginad26489192

Hello,

I have the Adobe Reader app on both my iPhone 4s running iOs 8.4 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 running Android version 4.4.2.  I am trying to figure out how to save my bookmarks and edits manually to the cloud. For some reason, the PDFs save to the cloud, but my app decided randomly when it wants to save. It won't save after every time that I make a bookmark or note. Therefore, I don't see my current location or edits on other devices. I have been searching for an answer to this problem(maybe I haven't searched so well. who knows.). So, I am asking here in a new post.

Please, help! Thanks

• 1. Re: how to manually save a document to the cloud
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile apps (for iOS, Android) will save any changes only when you close your PDF document by going back to the My Documents screen.

Please note that user bookmarks are supported in Acrobat Reader for Android only.  Sorry for the confusion.

• 2. Re: how to manually save a document to the cloud
            reginad26489192 Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I do close the PDF document and go back to the My Documents page, but it only saves some of the time. Is there a way to manually force a save?

• 3. Re: how to manually save a document to the cloud

When you close a PDF document with any changes and go back to My Documents, you should see a toast message at the bottom of the screen.

Do you see a toast message (a) "Document Saved" or (b) "Document is being saved to Adobe Document Cloud..."?

Sample screenshot of (a) "Document Saved" shown in Acrobat Reader for iOS

Save_Local.png

Sample screenshot of (b) "Document is being saved to Adobe Document Cloud..." shown in Acrobat Reader for iOS

Save_DocumentCloud.png

If you do not see any toast message in the My Documents, it means that yo did not make any changes to the PDF document that is being closed.

If you have a local document that is saved on your iPad/iPhone or Android tablet/phone, you can force saving the document to the Document Cloud by tapping the Share icon in the bottom bar and selecting the menu item "Save to Adobe Document Cloud".

If you have a cloud document, you will not get the option in the Share menu.  The only way to force saving it is to close the document.

Does the problem (of changes not being saved) happen in Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android?

What were the changes that have not been saved?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: how to manually save a document to the cloud
                reginad26489192 Level 1

Thank you for your reply! I sometimes get a toast message saying the file is being saved to the cloud. The changes that aren't being saved are highlights I've made on a document. I thought it had been saved and then I tried to pick up where I left off with my iPhone. It finally saved to the cloud after like 40 minutes of going back and forth between devices, opening the file, and making small changes. I mostly make changes on my Android device. I always close the document and the app, but that doesn't seem to force save it. :/

• 5. Re: how to manually save a document to the cloud

I mostly make changes on my Android device. I always close the document and the app, but that doesn't seem to force save it.

Would you try more experiments with the Acrobat Reader app only on your Android device?

1. Open a PDF document in the Document Cloud.
                  2. Highlight one line of text.
                  3. Go back to the My Documents screen.
                  4. Make sure that you see the "Saved to Document Cloud" toast message.

You can try to add highlight to several different cloud documents to see if the changes are saved properly.

Would you determine when the Android app fails to show the toast message?  Is there a particular file that exhibits the problem?

Does the same problem occur when you add highlight in the Acrobat Reader app only on your iPad?