4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2015 4:15 AM by Jack_Daubs

Adobe After Effects CC hangs at startup screen

HugooowZ

Hi,

Since i installed Windows 10 my After Effects CC 2014.0 won't load anymore. It just hangs at the purple screen... I added AfterEffects to Windows Firewall but it still doesn't work..

Can anyone help me?

Hugo.

• 1. Re: Adobe After Effects CC hangs at startup screen
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Welcome to the world of beta testing. Personally, unless I had a lot of time to experiment I would only install Windows 10 on a separate boot drive for testing so that my machine that I know is working well would be available with a simple reboot.

• 2. Re: Adobe After Effects CC hangs at startup screen
            HugooowZ Level 1

Hi,

There are many people that have Windows 10 and After Effects works...

• 3. Re: Adobe After Effects CC hangs at startup screen
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are also millions of combinations of drivers, display adapters, motherboards, and programs that may cause conflicts with Windows machines. Again I say welcome to the world of beta testing. You have not provided enough information to even hazard a guess at what is causing the problem.

• 4. Re: Adobe After Effects CC hangs at startup screen
                Jack_Daubs Level 1

I upgraded a work PC to Windows 10 and it worked fine with Adobe, however when I upgraded my home PC to Windows 10 Pro  AE CC 2015 (with all latest updates) hangs at the start screen, always stoping at "Loading Mediacore."

My system details are:

CPU = Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz, Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM = 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

Motherboard = Dell Inc. 073MMW (SOCKET 0)

Graphics = 1024MB NVIDIA Quadro K600 (NVIDIA)

My main suspect for the failure is the NVIDIA graphics driver. The office PC is running a GeForce card and it all works fine under Windows 10.

You can easily and quickly revert to a pervious Windows installation. Go to Start Menu, select Settings, select Update & Security, select Recovery and there should be a Go Back To option. It took me a few minutes to revert back to my old Windows 7 Pro and everything is now working fine. Be warned this option will only be there for 1 month following an upgrade, after that you can't revert.