8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 4:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?

SusanItaly

The sound is great, however, the video does not show.  This was ok 2 years ago for a few months after i bought the package, however, it suddenly stopped and ive never been able to finish my movie or make another with this package I paid for. What can I do to have this rectified?

INFO:

Premiere Elements 10

Dell Inspiron 17

Nvidia graphics card

Windows 10 (was 7)

Thanks,

Susan

• 1. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This problem is related to the latest drivers for a number of nVidia graphics cards and Premiere Elements 10.

I believe ATR has been following this situation and she usually recommends rolling back the card's driver to a previous version.

She'll likely chime in here with more details.

• 2. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

Please read the recent thread here from Rick who found his answer when pointed to the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA issue....and he was using Windows 10.

Windows 10 update - Premiere Elements 10 having issues with preview area

The typical fix is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce driver version to about May 2013. The major hurdle is finding a NVIDIA GeForce driver version old enough for your particular computer environment.. In Rich's case, he apparently had the older driver on his computer after the move to Windows 10. Did you have this problem with Windows 7 before you moved to Windows 10?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
              SusanItaly Level 1

Thanks so much for your quick response.  I also had it before windows 10.  I dont want to roll back my driver as i need it updated for my other work.  I don't believe we hould have to roll back our drivers, as this problem ought to be solved with Adobe!

Do you know how I can contact Adobe via messenger/email (they have only allowed me to use the forum) in which to get a refund or an upgrade.

Thanks,

Susan

• 4. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
                SusanItaly Level 1

Thanks, i'll check it out, howver, i dont want to roll back my driver 2 years, its highly unfair of Adobe not to be able to fix this for many of us users of Nvidia video cards.

Susan

• 5. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

Thank you for the follow up. Unfortunately, I do not have the news that you would like to hear.

The Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue has been recognized for a long time. Please refer to my history on that. And, neither NVIDIA nor Adobe sought to address the issue that related to an older Premiere Elements version (10). That is the way it is. I will post a link to an active Adobe Chat line. But if history repeats itself, you will get no support on this matter from Adobe, nor NIVIDIA. In the case of Adobe, it will probably encourage you to move to the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 current version to avoid this problem when you use an updated NVIDIA GeForce card in your present computer environment.

Contact Customer Care

Based on what you have written, you do not have a Premiere Elements 10 Windows 10 conflict. Instead you have the specific issue of Premiere Elements 10 working on any computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card that has a driver version later than about May 2013.

If you had the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue before Windows 10, why did you believe it would disappear after Windows 10. I do not see where this issue has ever presented as a computer operating system issue....rather Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue.

I have worked with this issue a long time so, if there is anything in this matter that you do not understand,  I can discuss it with you. But, I have no influence over Adobe nor NVIDIA to control its support or non support of known issues.

Also, a reminder....if you have any intentions of moving to the current version of Premiere Elements...if history repeats itself, Adobe will be releasing a new version in September October 2015. You should consider if you want to wait for the next version or whether or not to go with the now current version of 13/13.1. Adobe does not release the new features of the new version until the moment of release of the new version.

ATR

• 6. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
                    SusanItaly Level 1

I was hoping it would somehow figure itself out, either with an updated graphic card update or adobe. 

Thanks for the heads up on the next version of premiere elements.  I will wait for that.

Susan

• 7. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
                      Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go to the Nvidia site and look up your card.

Nvidia updated many cards for Windows 10

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

• 8. Re: Sound but no video.  How can I get back my video?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

You have mentioned that you have had the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue before moving to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce on Windows 10. And, I pointed out that another recent thread user faced the same situation that you are facing.

Windows 10 update - Premiere Elements 10 having issues with preview area

He could not succeed with an apparently updated driver in his Windows 10, but did succeed by finding and using the older driver on his computer.

Again, I point out, to date I have followed this specific issue intensively, and I have not seen a Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue that has been resolved by assuring that you have the latest driver version. To the contrary, any successes to overcome this specific issue have come from rolling back the driver version, most to at least May 2013.

Consequently, if you or anyone else looks at updated NVIDIA GeForce driver versions with regard to your issue and finds otherwise, it is important to have that information posted.

Today I installed Windows 10 64 bit on what had been a Windows 8.1 64 bit computer. All the Premiere Elements application appear to have survived the update without change. So far, I have seen no indication the what you saw before for Premiere Elements is going to be different than after with Windows 10. I have gotten into Premiere Elements 13 and 11. More to go. My Windows 10 video card/graphics card is Intel HD Graphics.

ATR