Are there any limitations on the number of presets or their names in the Local Adjustments Presets folder. I renamed some presets and added numbers before the name (1.1 Special Dodge, etc). The numbers did not show when I went to use them. I also had quite a few presets in this folder and not all of them showed up. In the Develop presets folder I can rename and add presets as described above and they all are present and work. I also saw presets listed that were not in the folder. I am using LR CC with Windows 8.1. Store presets with this catalog is unchecked.
Try using an Under Score _ instead of the DOT . in your names.
Where are you storing the presets.
It should be in your Username folder, AppData, Roaming, Adobe, Lightroom.
I will try the underscore.
I did find that the name within the preset itself can be different than the file name and the internal name is what is displayed in LR. THis was causing some of my issues.