1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2006 9:04 AM by rtreitner

help navigation buttons replay my sound and mess up my sound buttons

rtreitner
      Ok, let’s try this again first I have my two on/off sound buttons in a movie clip.

You open it up and you see 10 frames the first five for on, and the last five for off.

Each part contains both buttons, the first the on is highlighted and the off is coded, the second the off is highlighted and the on is coded.

In the first part my code for the “off “button is:

on (release) {

//stopAllSounds Behavior
      stopAllSounds();

//Movieclip GotoAndPlay Behavior
      this.gotoAndPlay("6");
      //End Behavior
      }

In the second part my code for the “on” button is:

on (release) {

// Play Sound Behavior
      _global.Behaviors.Sound.coolsound.start(0,1);
      // End Play Sound Behavior

//Movieclip GotoAndPlay Behavior
      this.gotoAndPlay("1");
      //End Behavior
      }

I also have an action layer above each with the stop code for each part.

The music loads and plays fine when I run my movie. It stops and starts with the buttons and they seem to work fine. My problem is whenever I hit a navigation button on my main timeline it re-starts my music again, instead of it staying off.

I tried other sound button tutorials besides this one and they all end up with the same problem. Other buttons in my movie (main my main navigation buttons re-start my sound again when it goes to the next scene or page. In some cases other buttons have replayed the sound over one that’s already playing depending on which tutorial I use. So how come no matter what tutorial I use, other buttons can restart or effect my sound and its buttons?