13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 9:18 AM by whsprague

Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?

Howardok

Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?

• 1. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Howardok

There are some who write the Premiere Elements in general is compatible with Windows 10.

There has been at least one who is using it with Premiere Elements 10 with the same Premiere Elements drivet issue with Windows 10 as with previous edition of Window used.

Do you currently have Premiere Elements 11. What is the current operating system, 7 or 8.1 64 bit?

I have not yet gotten my Microsoft reserved copy so that I could look at and report on specific Premiere Elements versions from 4 to 13. But, I will if I ever get Windows 10 installed. Attempts to download and install Windows 10 to replace Windows 7 have failed using the Microsoft Creation Tool/Run As Administrator. Problems have been with the APPLY_IMAGE operation as well as DRIVERS_INSTALL operation of Windows 10. I am working through the options of Upgrade the PC now as well as Create installation media for another PC. (USB flash drive way). Need to try the iso way.

To be continued...

ATR

• 2. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
            Howardok Level 1

I’ve downloaded Windows 10 and had serveral problems (Printer/scanner and carbonite prosy lost), but all have been resolved except my Premiere Elements 11 will not burn a DVD.  It will allow instant movie to load, but will not burn a DVD?

• 3. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Howardok

Thanks for the follow up. I envy you your successful Windows 10 install. Still working on that, close but not there yet.

One of the problems in my failures is related to errors in INSTALL_DRIVERS operations. I cannot open to 10 after required restart after installation, so lots more work to go just to get 10 installed and working.

What was your prior computer operating system? Did you have any problems with burn to disc DVD or AVCHD for your Premiere Elements 11 on that prior operating system? Does Windows 10 recognize your burner drive? Is Premiere Elements 11 recognizing your burn drive?

Where is the hung up - error message - in the burn to DVD?

Can you do the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB)?

Let us explore the above and determine where that takes us.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                MrHirshmon

Hi There,

I installed win10 preview and first everything worked fine. But after a while (certainly a specific update of win10 preview, I didnt pay attention) Premiere Elements 12 went crazy and crashed almost all the time when laoding a project. After every crash I had to reboot the system to be able to restart Premiere Elements 12.

I re-installed and even changed the hard drive to SSD but did not really help. Now Adobe support tells me it is not compatible with win10!

This looks pretty weird to me, nobody wants to stick with win8 (and win7 is ok, but you'll have to move on after a while...)

Would be nice to have a statement about win10 otherwise I'll go look out for a good alternative!!

Cheers

VH

• 5. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MrHirshmon

Keeping in mind that this is essentially a user to user forum and not Adobe, I would make these comments as a fellow user.

On Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 computer, I have always found Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and Photoshop Elements 12/12.1 to be the most problematic when it comes to installation or re-installation. Consequently, because of the many problems of the Windows 10 operating system to replace Windows 7 or 8.1, I think it premature to look at this as a Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and Windows 10 compatibility issue.

Yesterday I failed at installing Windows 10 to replace Windows 7 64 bit by numerous means. Today I am trying for the Windows 10 install on a Windows 8.1 computer. I will be sure to look at Premiere Elements version to version matters as soon as I can get the Windows 10 install.

In the meanwhile, I would proceed to troubleshoot 12/12.1 as before not accepting right now the compatibility explanation for what you are not facing.

If you want we can go through the usual troubleshooting drill, we would be glad for the opportunity to try to help you with that. At this time, I would ask you if the problem applies to the opening of new projects as well as saved closed ones?

To be continued

ATR

• 6. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                    Howardok Level 1

Problem solved.  Bad discs.

• 7. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                      Howardok Level 1

My adobe premiere problem was a bad DVD disc, the Geeksquad solved my printer problem and Carbonite solved my problem with it.  PC is working great, now

• 8. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Howardok

Thanks for the follow up with the outcome, with resolution pointing to bad discs in the Premiere Elements 11 burn to disc on Windows 10.

Your report is especially important since more and more questions are being asked about Premiere Elements on Windows 10. Replies such as yours are important to separate out Premiere Elements issues on any operating system versus Premiere Elements issues on Windows 10.

Your information is appreciated.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                          susanw88721656

recently installed a new computer with Windows 10. Most everything moved to the new computer fine.  However with my Elements 11, I can open the editor (but it won't edit) and the Organizer won't come up,

Have you heard of this problem and if so can you recommend how to fix it. I'm afraid I've lost pictures.   Thanks SW

• 10. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                            jaredw83399347

I have the same problem - I urgently need to be able to use my Adobe Elements 11 and Windows 10 crashes it every time.

• 11. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is more likely related to an nVidia driver. Do you have an nVidia graphcis card?

• 12. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                                jaredw83399347 Level 1

Yes, I have an nVidia graphics card: Driver version 372.90, 64 bit. What other information do you need? What must I do?

Thanks!

• 13. Re: Is Premiere Elements11 compatible with Windows 10?
                                  whsprague Adobe Community Professional

The issue is that nVidia updated drivers.  On some machines owners have it auto update.  Recent updates have been causing trouble for a variety of software, including Premier Elements.   To fix it you "roll back" to an earlier nVidia driver.   Instructions are here:  http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_rollback.html

I've been lazy and my driver is "old" at 368.39.  Windows 10 and Premier Elements are working fine.